Chapter 2

“Who? The guy at the door? He’s hot, let’s go get acquainted”

 She stepped towards the door and I grabbed her arm pulling her back to the bar “No!”

 “Why not?! Maybe you’ll get lucky”

 “No! Kayla! That’s him.  That’s my English professor!”

 “What!? That’s Professor McCartney!”

 I rolled my eyes “Yes you moron! I’m not sleeping with my professor!”

 “Then I will!” She stated before setting her drink on the bar and walking away.

 “Kayla no!” I caught up to her “What are you doing?!”

 “I’m going to get lucky for you” She grinned

 “Kayla you can’t sleep with my English professor! He’s probably married!”

 “Her loss”

 “Kayla!”

 “Well it is!”

 She took a couple of steps ahead reaching out to touch his arm, I groaned and turned away praying the floor would just open up and swallow me so I didn’t have to witness this. I’m dreaming I thought, this isn’t happening, I’m going to wake up in my bed and this is all going to be over. No such luck. He turned around and I closed my eyes and wished harder. I opened my eyes when I heard her introducing me.

 “I think you know my roommate” she said turning to me.

 I made a mental note to murder her in her sleep for this before I turned and smiled at him.

 “Miss Lawson?” He looked genuinely surprised to see me standing in front of him.

 “Hi professor, please call me Lisa”

 “Then call me Paul”

 I laughed a little uncomfortably. “Hi Paul” I said awkwardly.

 “It’s her birthday” Kayla declared.

 I shot her a look she knew she was pushing my buttons and she was loving it. “Why don’t you buy her a drink Paul?”

 I looked at her in shock “Kayla!” I turned back to him “You don’t have to do that”

 “I’d be happy to” He said with a smile heading towards the bar, we followed

 I grabbed her arm pulling her close “What do you think you’re doing?! He’s my teacher!”

 “I’m helping you get laid”

 I sighed “Well quit! I’m not going to put my nursing licence at risk because you’re trying to help a guy get up my skirt!”