thirteen

"Do you trust me?" Mike whispered in my ear.

I smiled. "Of course."

He took my hand and led me blindfolded through the dark. I followed him blindly, but I trusted him completely.

Finally he took off my blindfold and left me speechless.

"I know you really like your fort in my basement... but I thought you might want a place of your own. So I made this place... you can make another fort in here if you want. I had to convince my mom to let you have the guest bedroom but-," I silenced him by wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him deeply.

Since I found him, I've been at his house basically every day.

He mumbled something, shocked, then relaxed and kissed me back. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away to look at my beautiful new room.

It was white and gold, with a Day Bed and decorative pillows. He had strung pictures of us and our other friends along the wall on a good string, and there was a window seat and a table with two chairs.

I stared at it happily.

Mike looked at me worriedly. "Do you like it?"

I smiled. "I love it."

He sighed in relief and intertwined his fingers with mine. "I'm so glad."

I sat on the bed while he gave me a verbal tour.

This is where you sleep obviously. You can also sit here during the day and do whatever.

This is where you can sit to look outside! Or read or something.

This is where you can eat Eggos, or do homework. That is if you come to school this year.

And here's your memory wall! You can add more.

He smiled at me happily.

Grinning, I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. "Thank you," I whispered.

He kissed my head happily.

I was home.