Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Can you stop that?" I whispered, hoping Mr. McFerran wouldn't notice.

The blonde behind me rolled her eyes before going up to the class to hand her paper in.

I'm almost 100% sure she didn't even fill it out.

My assumption was right when our Math teacher chose to return the quiz and order her back to her seat. She whined a bit before heading back, making sure she disrupt everyone in the process by clanking her stupid high heel boots.

God, I had no idea how she walked the halls with those on every day

Lauren swayed her bleached ponytail side to side before letting out a scoff and sitting down. I turned to tell her to shut up with her whining once more before she raised her hand.

"Miss. Vause?" Mr. McFerran questioned, "—Is there a problem?"

"Yes as a matter of fact—" She began, her voice killing my brain cells by the thousands.

"Elana here," She starts, gesturing to me, "—is disrupting my attempt at education with her disturbing voice."

I held my mouth open before looking at Mr. McFerran. He sighed and held his yoga pose before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I should've retired, hot yoga is way better than this." He mumbles, causing snickers to be littered throughout the classroom.

"Look, Miss. Vause, Lana here hasn't done anything to you that I have known of so please stop creating a commotion and actually start the test she was 'disrupting'. Please."

Our whole class burst out laughing before Mr. McFerran quieted us down leaving a red-faced Lauren and a classroom filled with a playful tension.

I walked up and handed him the class before asking for an excused leave. Quickly, I flashed my photographer badge for the senior memory book and he smiled and let me go.

"Better put in how much of a great teacher I am." He reminded.

•••

Lunch was basically a mix of arguing over the snacks that Belle and the rest of us shared and me rushing to snap some shots of the senior lunch tables, attempting to make it look as aesthetic as possible.

It was like trying to make cafeteria food look like a 5 Star Michelin restaurant served it and make the students look like they actually enjoyed going there, not that they were working themselves into a grave trying to complete the next period's homework or could care less about being there. 

I had planned to take some class pictures of my next period to commemorate some funny classroom memories we all had in the last four years.

The bell rung and I had given up on waiting to walk to the A building hall with Belle because I wasn't in the mood to deal with Belle dragging Tony with her, but they eventually caught up anyways. 

"Babe, eat a little bit at least," Belle whined.

"—Lana tells Tony that his diet is stupid."

I sighed and turned around, "Listen to your fucking girlfriend or I'll have too."

Both of them laughed as he sighed in agreement and ate the piece of pasta.

It's a piece of pasta. Deadass if he didn't want it I would've just grabbed it with no complaint.

Smh. Couples.

•••

It didn't take long for the school day to be over but when it was, I simply rushed home to get ready. By 4:00 PM, I would have to be back for the cheer meet and quick practice for tonight's game.

In the less than two-hour time span, I was given, I was supposedly supposed to shower, glam myself, get dressed, and drive back. It didn't sound like much, but trust me it was.

My routine shower went by like usual and as my hair air-dried, I went on doing my makeup.

Personally, I wasn't one to wear much and was one of the least caked girls on the team. As much as "least caked" could be for a full face of makeup. In the end, I would end up wearing more than the average high school girl on game days.

My brows were filled in, drew on, and outlined in concealer.

Damn. For someone who preferred to stay unnoticed, my eyebrows were carved to perfection.

Surprisingly, I skipped on the heave eye makeup; only choosing a nude color to sweep over the lid and even them out.

After the hassle with the false lashes, a couple of coats of mascara, and like eight different tries at eyeliner, one would say I looked decent.

The lips wore nothing but cherry chapstick topped with clear gloss and off I went to go change, already annoyed at the hassle to not get makeup on anything.

I slipped on my white and blue cheer uniform. By the end of the session, I looked like every other basic Clearwater Colt cheerleader.

Yes, I know. Horses and water don't mix.

The drive back to school wore me out way more than I should've been

The drive back to school wore me out way more than I should've been. Yet, I made it there without a scolding from my coach.

"Okay ladies, the first game of the season!" Coach Taylor announced as we started to warm up.

And boy, what a season it was.

•••

Basically, my birthday is coming up and I'm lowkey in an argument rn with someone I shouldn't be. Anyways it sucks and I realized how confusing guys are so now I'm determined to stay a single Pringle. Anyways, since it's a weekend update this chapter is going to be a tiny bit longer but it's still officially finals week and I have a final in 6 classes! So, let's stop my complaining and just read y'all :) I hope you enjoy this chapter and vote, share, and comment!

P.S. It's actually 11:30 PM ish over here :)

-Anne

•••
Updated: 12•16•17
Edited: 10•10•20