- 2)

Alexander/Alec Lightwood

Chapter 2: "Something's wrong with Magnus".
----

Clary's P.O.V.

"How do you mean 'something is wrong with Magnus'," asks Isabelle. Her eyebrows were frowned with confusion. No wonder, I mean: what could be wrong that a warlock, especially a High Warlock of Brooklyn, couldn't fix himself and was worth the worry of Alec. Sure, Alec worried quite early about Magnus while he was just fine, but then he wouldn't have asked us to come here.

"Magnus has high temperature, sweat, cough attacks and more. He says it's nothing, but I know him better then that. He says nothing is wrong so I wouldn't worry. Obviously, it's not working," says Alec, sounding gloomy. He was really worried about Magnus, I think. It has to be very serious.

"How are we supposed to help him," asks Jace. It was not sarcastic like he normally would be. This was about his parabatai's lover who was sick: there was nothing sarcastic or funny about that. "Have you considered that it can just be a simple warlock-flu or something," asks Maryse.

"One, I don't know and that's why I asked you guys to come over. Two, I have considered it, but Magnus would never act like this if it was just a simple sickness. This is something big, I know it for sure," Alec says. He sounds confident..

"Maybe we should ask him how we can help him," I offer. "Believe me, Magnus is too stubborn to accept help," Alec sighed. He seemed really hopeless. I can understand: if Jace was sick and wouldn't tell us anything while you surely knew something was off, I would've done the same.

"Then we go to his house, now," Izzy snaps, jumping up. Her boots with high heels(8 inches, of course) sound clearly on the marble floor of the hallway. Maryse sighed and walked after her daughter. Jace and I stood up synchronously and Alec stepped forward to us.

"Shall we go now then? I want to know as quick as possible what's wrong with him," says Alec. He has a enthusiatic blush on his pale cheeks. Maybe it felt good for him to finally be able to do something again? "Sure, I have written down a note to my parents anyway so I can stay a little longer," I say, looking at Jace.

"Of course, we need to shake Magnus awake again." "Can we even enter his apartment now," I ask, looking at both the guys. "Oh yeah, I have a key," Alec says casually. In the past he would have done quite unsure and embarassed about it and it's nice to have seen him change. Magnus made this possible.. Alec was on ease with him.

Time to see Magnus then. They decided to walk as constantly taking a taxi would cost much money. In these times I thought back, feeling something missing. Well, someone. To be more specific, Simon. But Simon was in Idris now, training to become a Shadowhunter. They would see each other soon, I know it for sure.

Alec stuffed his key of Magnus' apartment inside the lock and opened the door. Izzy and Maryse didn't even seem surprised that their son and brother had the key to his apartment. We all climb on the stairs.

Alec repeated the process when he reached the front door of Magnus' apartment, which was also on lock. We walk inside and look around the familiar room. I notice that Magnus hadn't changed the interior for a while. I guess he likes this one very much. 

We couldn't find Magnus but Isabelle said that we should look in Magnus' office as well. Alec was quite hesitant at first, as Magnus' office is Magnus' domain, but later gave in when his worry for his boyfriend's health took over. 

The door is thrown open by Maryse and Alec screams, running inside. He slides and falls down on his knees, next to Magnus. His body was covered in sweat, he wore baggy clothes which were totally not Magnus style and his green-goldish eyes shine weirdly. 

Alec holds Magnus' head in his lap. "Magnus! Magnus, don't leave us, MAGNUS!" Magnus made a weird, gurgling sound. We all came closer and sit on our knees around Magnus' body. Magnus grabbed my hand and pressed a note inside my open hand, balling it into a fist with his fingers.

He closed his eyes and seemed to lose consciousness. Alec looks at me. "What does his note say Clary," he asks frantically. I open my fist and unwrap the rumpled note.

"It says 'Mary Stole, London'. Who is Mary Stole?" "I guess we need to find out.. Maybe she can help curing Magnus," Alec said, his eyes litting up with hope.

God, I hope Alec is right.