Chapter 17 - Date Fails

Note: Hey! Am on time posting this week! HAHAHA.

And to celebrate, here's a pic of Prince. <3

 <3

CHAPTER 17 - DATE FAILS

"Would you like another cocktail?" the waiter asked me.

I've already had either four or five within the last hour that I've been waiting. Yes, waiting for Fighter. I was sitting at a fancy restaurant wearing one of those little black dresses that is a staple in every woman's closet. I paired it with heels. I wore makeup and spent a lot of time getting my smoky eye and winged eyeliner just right. My hair was left loose to keep it simple.

I wore pearl earrings, a necklace from Pandora, and a platinum watch which was a gift from my dad. And right now, that watch was telling me that it's been almost an hour and fifteen minutes. My phone was telling me there were no calls and texts from Fighter. I've tried to call him once and sent two texts.

All these things and yet I still can't accept the fact that I was being stood up.

How long should one wait for a date anyway? Is it like college where you wait fifteen minutes for the professor and if he doesn't arrive at that time then you're free to go? Does the wait time add if the date notifies you there's traffic or that he's going to be late because of a valid reason?

How many calls should you make and texts to send before you seem desperate?

I don't know if there's a standard rule for this. But right now, I'm going to make one: Wait for fifteen minutes. Send one text when the clock hits twenty minutes. Call after five minutes if there's no response. If he doesn't answer, get your ass out of there.

It's common courtesy to inform someone if you're going to be late. But before that, it's good manners to not actually be late. It shows that you value and respect a person's time.

And then let's say you left the date and then he calls thirty minutes later to say he got held up by something. The reschedule if you still want to date the guy and only if you think his reason was valid.

My heart sank as I nodded to the waiter. Might as well just get drunk again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me indeed. I gave the guy a chance and this is what he does. Kari owes me bigtime for this.

I sighed loudly and drank some water while waiting for my cocktail. I closed my eyes and prayed for patience.

And then I thought of uninstalling Finder and deleting my account from there. It's brought me nothing but heartache and false hope. Maybe I'm looking for love in the wrong place. Maybe it's not the right time. Maybe the universe had other plans for me.

Or maybe the plan for me is to be single. Another sigh. I should look into freezing my eggs then while they're still okay. Then maybe someday, I'd get married and we could still have a child by surrogate when I'm too old to be pregnant. If I don't get married, I'll just find a sperm donor with nice genes. And then I'd have a son or daughter who's going to fill my heart with more love than I needed.