Net Neutrality

If you haven't heard about this and live in the U.S., Get your ass up and running and listen to what i gotta say about what this is.

Net  Neutrality is basically where the internet remains neutral, and your internet service provider can't control the speed of your internet, what sites work for you, or charge you for normal internet  speed for a site., they don't like Hence the 'Neutral' part of it as it allows for anyone to go to any site they wanna go to without the fear of their Wi-Fi being fucking controlled.

This was repealed earlier today in the FCC.

By 3-2

So some of us may not be able to access Wattpad, due to these pieces of shit deciding that the normal peeps don't fucking matter.

Try to prepare yourself for what may happen.

However, there's good news.

I'm putting part of an article, owned by fortune.com, not me, below. External link down below.

First, it is worth pointing out that net neutrality rules are quite new—the law was only enacted in mid-2015—although the concept has been around since the 1990s. Prior to 2015, there was no net neutrality and, well, the Internet worked just fine for most people. Occasionally, an ISP was caught slowing down (throttling) certain sites, but public pressure or legal action tended to keep the ISP honest. There is little reason to believe that a future with no net neutrality regulation will be very different from the past.

Second, the issue with net neutrality is multi-speed Internet service, not web censorship. An ISP might be frustrated that Netflix consumes 35% of its bandwidth at peak hours, but it cannot legally block it, with or without net neutrality. Even with no net neutrality, the most that an ISP could do would be to slow down access to Netflix, and charge people for higher speeds. In reality, this is not likely to happen—the public backlash would be too severe. More likely, the ISPs would discriminate by offering their own preferred content faster and cheaper. Ironically, this is already happening under net neutrality regulation: AT&T, for example, offers DirecTV access as a "zero rating" product, i.e. it does not count toward data caps.

Third, the end of net neutrality rules will lead to a closer link between cost and consumption. While net neutrality may be conceptually appealing, it is not equitable. Is it fair that a few super-users are allowed to clog up networks by downloading movies, playing data-hungry online games, and not paying more for it? Why shouldn't ISPs be allowed to price data according to volume, type, or speed?

Fourth, ISPs could use any extra revenue generated from high-bandwidth users to subsidize the cost to regular users or improve network infrastructure. If they start to charge more for content, then there will be a lot of pressure from subscribers and regulators to improve service levels in return.

Fifth, the practical difference for most subscribers will be minimal. Most ISPs already charge higher prices for higher speeds, or bundle less attractive services (like TV channels you never watch) with more attractive ones (faster Internet access). The only difference without net neutrality would be that slow speeds could affect some sites more than other sites.

Sixth, net neutrality, however intuitively appealing, is a form of government control. History has taught us that government control and intervention often inhibits progress and innovation. If ISPs are less regulated, one might imagine companies springing up that would provide better, faster, and cheaper service, thus promoting innovation.

Finally, ISPs are unlikely to make any quick moves to change the status quo. Legal challenges to the removal of net neutrality are likely, mid-term elections are coming in 2018, and public opinion of ISPs is already low. Most large ISPs have also pledged not to make any dramatic moves in the event that net neutrality is repealed.

Also, Remember how Trump tried to pass his Muslim ban Version No.1? And failed cause it was repealed in the court?

Legal cases can reverse this decision, and the senate/house of reps may vote to gain in back, as 80% of people like net neutrality, including republicans.

But since politics has gone to shit these days, we gotta fight anyways.

So, pissed like i am?

Try to find some petitions online and sign them if you can. Send them to others if you aren't.

I fucking pissed. 

And you should be too.

-Mystic