My Sober Heart

How long has it been since I left? 5 years. Not a phone call or text to my parents. I hated them. When I had my chance, I went abroad and went off the radar. Maybe isa sa pinakahate kong tao sa lahat ay yong mother ko. I was always pressured to do what she wants without considering my feelings at all. Isa pa da pinakahate ko sa kanya, never nya akong hinayaan na maging masaya. Kaya nga ngkaleche-leche buhay ko.

I graduated from college 5 years ago. Pinakuha ng lang hiya kong ina nursing. I had no choice at that time, eldest ako so I have to do as she say. I was an honored student from student since kindergarten until highschool at one of the prestigious school for girls in the country. I was always one of the representatives for leadership trainings together with our sister schools. And well yeah she's proud as hell! Yun yong papet ko sa buhay nila, especially her! She sees me as a tool to hide her embarrassment.

I had to put up with all of it until I had enough one day. It's not that I didn't have a great college life because trust me, I had a fucking blast!

Marami akong naging kaibigan, and we were like family back then. Kapag maalala ko sila ngaun, it makes me realized how much I missed them. I did my best to enjoy life, at sa katarantaduhan, kami yata ng mga kaibigan ko nagunguna although nasa top section parin kmi.

My mother hated my friends. Not only because sa easy go lucky naming attitude but because of what we have in common. Well let's just say most of us are bisexual and lesbians. But we do have a couple of straight friends. Alam kong alam ng ina ko about my sexuality and she always hated the girls I'm close to lalo na if my hint siyang girlfriend ko. Parati siyang gagawa ng paraan para mapalayo kmi.

During my college years, I was that people person who goes around the bar kasi marami nga akong kakilala and they want me na kainuman. Those were the days.

After shift sa hospital or after class, always kaming nasa tambayan. Parang hindi nga mga nursing students. Nagtapos ako ng Nursing from one of the best university in the country, school for the rich and the famous sabi nila. Maybe me and my friends are the epitome of that standard ng school lalo na sa batch namin but who cares? All we want is to get things done our way.

I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Eianne by the way. Not entirely my real name but I changed it to that. That's what my friends call me anyway.

Those were the days. Ngayon, after years in abroad I'm on my way home.