A VISIT

Nikki's P.O.V:

This morning was kinda weird. I decided to meet up with Chloe and Zoey at the mall before I went to André's house.

Mid conversation...

Zoey just got up and left!

Like, maybe she had a bad day or something. I know that Chloe will cheer her up no problem!

Thinking about it... She really hasn't been herself at all since the contest.

I hope she can get back to being her regular philosophical self in no time.

Now it's time to visit André.

This place looks enormous! It's an entire mansion. I've heard that André's stepdad is the mayor and his mother is a journalist.

I wonder what his real father does for a living?

I was greeted by a butler who guided me to André's room. How fancy, I'm kinda getting nervous.

BUTLER: "The young master's chambers are here. He is expecting you."

NIKKI: "R-Right, thanks!"

I entered André's room, it was big and spacious. It looked exactly like the type of room I'd see in my dreams!

One day I hope to have mansion of my own, with Brandon of course!

When I get back to America, everything will have blown over. Nothing to worry about. No more fighting, no more despair, only hope.

ANDRÉ: "Nicole! Bonjour!"

NIKKI; "Hey André, I gotta say that this is a pretty nice place you've got here!"

ANDRÉ: "When the mayor is your stepfather and your father is the current French-American diplomat. It's understandable that I would live in a place like this."

NIKKI: "Yeah! So, you wanted to talk to me about the enrollment scheme? I've brought the prize money case like you asked."

ANDRÉ: "Yes, of course! Firstly, I want to ask you how you're feeling? How is Brandon doing? Have his wounds healed since the fight?"

NIKKI: "Yes, his physical wounds have healed. But psychologically no. I don't think that he can get over the fact that Maxwell has left Westchester, or that he was tricked, or that Maxwell was a Nero."

ANDRÉ: "Brandon, I pity him. First he loses his parents, then he meets their killer's son."

NIKKI: "I know..."

ANDRÉ: "Are you sure that you want to go through with the Parisian education scheme?"

NIKKI: "Of course."

ANDRÉ: "Shouldn't you be there for Brandon in his time of need right now?"

NIKKI: "I know, but if someone uses me to get to him then that will only hurt him more. I can't risk that, not anymore."

ANDRÉ: "True, if you were in trouble, then Brandon would come running after you. Just look at what he did at the contest."

NIKKI: "Yeah... I don't want to be a liability for him. If we're separated by an ocean, we should be safe."

ANDRÉ: "I see your point, Nicole. Now could you take a seat at the table? There are some documents I want you to take a close look at."

NIKKI: "Sure! This is all for the Parisian education scheme, right?"

ANDRÉ: "Everything you need to know about art is right there."

NIKKI: "Okay, let's see."

This looks more like a news article than a brochure.

'Nero family compound raided after Artois death. Illegal counterfeits of works of art seized from the building, son hospitalized.'

...Wait a minute.

NIKKI: "What is this?!"

'Nero family found guilty. Son forced to create forgeries of art.'

Maxwell...

'Diplomat killed over dispute with the mafia. Connections to art black market found true.'

NIKKI: "...a note?"

'I'm going to finish what Dante failed to do all those years ago. It's time to tie those loose ends, Nicole.'

My blood began to run cold at the realization of what this note meant...

NIKKI: "...I think I'll be leaving now."

ANDRÉ: "Going so soon? But you just got here, Nicole."

NIKKI: "I-I..."

ANDRÉ: "I don't think so."

I turned around and made a break for the door. But behind the door was André's butler.

ANDRÉ: "Get her."

-------------------------------------------
?'s P.O.V:

I watched as Nikki tried to make a break for the door. Looks like she still doesn't understand her purpose.

NIKKI: "LET ME GO!"

ANDRÉ: "This one's a fighter. Jeeves, use the chloroform."

Jeeves obeyed my orders and put Nikki to sleep.

BUTLER: "She's out."

ANDRÉ: "I know that you idiot! Now chop, chop. I want her in the chair!"

BUTLER: "Of course."

ANDRÉ: "I've been granted one shot to make things right. All I need is to convert Nikki Maxwell and silence Robert Artois!"

The chair already worked in converting the Mayor, my step-sister, my mother and two certain volunteers.

To think that I would be trusted with technology like this! That I'm going to be a catalyst for the new world!

EVERYTHING IS GOING AS PLANNED! WE'RE GOING TO CREATE A NEW WORLD TOGETHER!