Chapter 37

Chapter 37

*flashback*

My eyes widen at the horror in front of me. I was correct about the noises, but I couldn't believe it was coming from these two. Tears well in my eyes as I see Lillian and Damien naked. Her eyes were closed and her back arched. Groans could be heard from Damien. I quickly run downstairs as tears stream down my face.

I open my eyes, once again feeling like I am ready to bust into tears. I can't believe my bestfriend would do that. Scratch that, she's not my bestfriend.

Me and Damien are over. I can't believe that today I was going to tell him I love him. How can someone love that... Damien is no longer a person. He is either a it or that. I will no longer speak of the it.

"Are you ok?" Derek says as he pulls up into his house. We just sit there in the car. "I guess." I say quietly.

His lips turn downward into a frown. How bad that frown did not suit him. It didn't belong there. I have to make him smile.

"Come on, let's go to bed." I get out shutting the car door behind me, Derek doing the same. He smiles as he ushers me into his house. There it is, that smile that looks so lovely on him.

I feel a small smile come onto my lips. I look around, noticing how neat this house is. Everything was so modern. I was utterly astonished at how beautiful everything was. 

We walk to his room and I only see one king size bed in his room. Where am I going to sleep? "Umm, where am I going to sleep?" I look around.

He chuckles and points to the bed. "You can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the floor." Oh no no, this is his house, I am not going to kick him out of his own bed. I shake my head, "It's fine, I'll sleep on the floor."

"No I insist!" he replies.  "But this is your own house..." I say, drifting off the sentence. "Fine how about we both share the bed."

I gulp, am I really ready to sleep in a bed with my mate, and not that long ago my boyfriend was cheating on me with my bestfriend. I look around before slowly nodding.

"Ok, let's go to sleep." he smiles.

I slowly take off my heels and walk to the side of the bed. I sit down running a hand through my hair. I feel the other side of the bed dip down right beside me.

"Are you sure it's ok, I don't mind sleeping on the couch." he ask running his hand up and down my arm. I nod, as he removes his hand from my arm. I see him crawl over to the other side of the bed.

I slowly lay down, facing the wall. I stare at it as I wrap myself in the blanket. I cuddle my head into the pillow.

'I am sorry.' I softly say to my wolf. It was quiet. No sound or nothing coming from her. Ten minutes pass and I still hear nothing.

My eyes start feeling heavy. As soon as I was falling into a deep slumber, my wolf whispers,'It's ok.' A small smile appears on my lips as I fall asleep.

Derek's POV

I lay facing the opposite wall of Scarlet. I lay there thinking. Why did my brother do that to her? Did he not like her as much as he said? Was he tired of her?

In all probability, it was being his uncaring self. Everyone thinks that I am the bad one, but truth is, I am not.

I may have broken some girls heart, but even so, I never cheated on someone I truly cared about. Yes I have had my fair share of girlfriends, but I treated them nicely.

I let out a small sigh, before facing the girl of my dreams; someone I couldn't live without, someone I would die for, someone who I would love and cherish forever, someone who's my other half. My mate.

I stare at the side of her face, which is the only part I could see at this angle. Her eyes shut close, and a small smile played on her lips.

I smile. Even though it wasn't that smile how I love so dearly, and showed her cute dimples, it was still a small step of recovery of what happened.

I turn around, adjusting the blanket. I look at the wall for a minute, before I fall asleep.