C18

"What.. What have I done?" I was crying into my hands.

"(Y/N)?" Burr walked to me.

"I- I can't do this, Burr." I hugged him, crying. My hair fell out of the bun it was in from running.

"What.. What happened?" He pulled me close to his chest. I could hear his heartbeat.

"I.. I don't know. I ran away, and-- And.." I cut my self off by crying again.

"Ok, calm down. I'm here to help you!" He smiled.

"You're a good friend, Burr." I smiled to him. My eyes attached to his.
(YES THIS IS A LAF X READER JUST SHHHHSHH")

"Now... Tell me what happened." He hugged me again.

"D..Do you know.. Th-An- Antoine?" I stared at a piece of the envelope.

He looked at me wide-eyed.

"Antoine Roux?" He gasped.

"Ye..Yes." I looked back at the torn paper.

"Like, the mu--" I didn't want him to say it.

"Yes." I cut him off, placing my index finger on his mouth to shut him up.

He brought my hand back down. I heard gunshots and screaming.

"The Battle of Yorktown." I faced the direction the noise was coming from.

"1781." He faced the same direction, and we ran. We ran all the way back to the camp.

"Monsieur Hamilton!" I knew where that voice came from, and it sounded more joyous than usual.

"Monsieur Lafayette!" Hamilton's definitely back.

"In command where you belong." Laf smiled at him.

"How you say, no sweat." Hamilton tried to impersonate Lafayette's French accent.

"Huh." Laf chuckled.

I walked away before I had any say in what was happening.

I turned back around to see them talking and all that.

"Immigrants; we get the job done." They said in unison.

"So what happens if we win?" I heard Hammy ask. I walked away, still trying not to hear their conversation.

"I go back to France." My heart broke right at that moment. He's going to leave me. My eyes teared up.

I ran to the tent, still crying. How many tears can one lose in a day?

"N..No! Th..This.. It isn't.. It's n..not happening!" I was stuttering, still choking on my tears.

"(Y/N)?" I heard John call out.

My voice stayed low, still muttering stuff into my pillow.

"(Y/N),  Where are you?" Washington called out.

I still stayed quiet. My heart was shattered when I heard Lafayette.

"(Y-)... I found her!" John came into the tent, worried and standing tall.

"(Y/N)." Washington came into the tent right after John.

"Y-Yes sir?" I tried covering my tear-stained tears.

"Why are you crying?" John came up to me, his energy draining.

"L-" Washington cut me off.

"We're sending you home, (Y/N)." Washington took off his hat.

"Wh-What?!" I couldn't help it but my tears poured out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry. You've been nothing but hurt here." He gave me a pity smile.

"Isn't that why people join the army? To be hurt in exchange for the nation's peace?" I wiped away the tears.

"Yes, but you're not being hurt physically more than emotionally." He sat beside me.

"Sir--"

"(Y/N). It's safer." John wrapped his arms around me.

"John-"

"Go, (Y/N). I don't want you to get hurt anymore." Washington crossed his arms.