Chapter Thirteen || Fate

"La douleur exquisite:

(n.) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable."

Oswald finally started to move again and Charlotte gave him a moment to fully wake up

Oswald finally started to move again and Charlotte gave him a moment to fully wake up. Ed snapped out of his thoughts and went to grab a glass of water and a straw. The pale man eyed Ed, Charlotte and the glass of water warily. He gasped when he remembered how the female sitting on the bed beside him had injected an unknown substance into his neck.

"You drugged me," he accused, refusing to drink the water.

"It was just a sedative to make sure you wouldn't get worse," Charlotte told him calmly. She decided to forget her argument with Ed for the time being and help Cobblepot get better.

He still had yet to remember how they had met a year ago. Both Ed and Charlotte had approached Oswald for a lovely conversation, but the man wasn't really interested and was quite rude to them.

Oswald looked at Charlotte and Ed trying to remember why they looked so familiar. "I know you".

"I'm Charlotte Bateman," the blonde introduced with a slight smile.

"Ed. Nygma." The male forensic scientist smiled down at Oswald, but he still looked confused as to where they had met before. "We met once before at the GCPD".

Oswald took a good look at both of them. "You're not cops".

"Oh, no, no, no," Ed chuckled at the thought. "No, we're in forensics".

Oswald still couldn't remember, so he looked at the woman beside him.

"He asked you a riddle, you didn't like it, he said something about penguins and you told us to back off," Charlotte explained and he finally remembered the day he met them at the GCPD. It had been a strange encounter that's for sure.

"Do you believe in fate?" Ed suddenly asked, but Oswald wasn't listening anymore.

"Where are my clothes?" He asked, eyeing the odd robe he was wearing. It was definitely not his. He looked at Charlotte for an explanation, but she shook her head.