Part 6 - Were you guys together?

Avalana skylar Valerie
Edited

It's 4pm already, I feel so nervous for the birthday party or am I nervous cause he's going to pick me up in a minute.

I can not stop walking around the room and I cannot stop staring back at the mirror to check on my look. It is going to be just a normal ride Lana so you'll be fine and also about the look? Who cares, he's your friend remember that.

My phone suddenly buzzed then I see a text message notification from Apollo. He said that he's already arrived at the lobby. Yup of course I saved his number since we're in one group of friends, so we actually have each other's number since a long time ago.

I get the cake from the fridge in the dining room, I hope it isn't going to melt while we're on the way to Gabriel's house because his house is pretty far from here.

"Let me help you to carry the cake," Matilda said then carry the cake for me.

Once I got into the lobby, I found a black car parked on the lobby. It isn't the car that he used to drive to school, it's a different one.

"You ready to go?" He suddenly appeared next to me which makes me kinda surprised.

"Of course we're late," I said while trying to act normal,

He opens the door for me then let me get in first, after that he got into the driver seat then began to drive the car.

It confuse me where he can be so kind, protective, and amazing but he can also be arrogant and cold.

The ride was fine, it wasn't as awkward as I thought cause I was full of me giving him directions to Gabriel's house.

We arrived at Gabriel's house and just like what Laura has told us we parked the car at the basement, so Gabriel won't find out.

We got inside, and there are already so many people here. Some of them are decorating the room while the maids are busy preparing the food on the table.

I don't really know what to do cause everyone has their own job and it seems like I'm useless here, but at least I've picked up the cake from the cake store.

I walk around the house alone while leaving Apollo behind, I kinda feel bad for leaving him especially when he knows nobody here. I walk through the long empty hall where I can see lots of pictures of Gabriel and Laura hanging on the wall. Most of the pictures are from their holiday and from their honeymoon, I can see a big smiles on their faces.

After taking a walk I finally stop at the balcony, it has the view of the pool that being decorated by so many lights. I unlocked my phone and started to call Emilia's Number, and after a few rings she finally picked it up.

"Hey Miss Valerie, what can I help you?" She asked.

"Hey Emilia, where are mom and dad now?" I asked her.

"They are in Dubai miss," She said.

It means that they're not coming to Gabriel's party today. I'm not surprised, maybe they forget if they have kids. I remember that they didn't come to my last birthday party either.

"Did they left something, maybe for Gabriel?" I asked and I can hear a disappointment on my own voice.

"Uh they didn't, why?" She asked.