Chapter Twenty Seven: Talking

Last night was the rawest, purest moment of my life.

We had some very intense love-making. He kept telling me he loved me and I kept telling him I loved him, and when we were done...

We cried. We sobbed like children. I had never seen him cry like that before, but we laid there, completely naked and wrapped in each other's arms, and we cried hysterically.

It was over. The pain and suffering was over.

We got remarried, he's home, he remembers everything, and everything is fine.

I have spent the last hour lying in bed watching him sleep peacefully beside me.

We cried ourselves to sleep. He was out first and I laid there and kept crying until I was sleeping, too.

I can hear him breathing steadily, facing me. His lips are slightly parted, his eyelashes resting on his cheeks.

He's so handsome.

I hear cooing coming from the baby monitor. They're old enough so that they can sleep with blankets and pillows, although neither one of them use pillows, but they usually sit up and instead of crying they just start sucking on their hand. If I don't come get them right away, they'll pull themselves up with the railing of the crib and scream my name over and over again.

The baby monitor I have is a double so I can see both of them, and they're both sitting up.

I look back at Zane who's still sleeping. The twins are content right now and there's no reason for me to go get them. I'll get them in a few minutes when they start actually wanting to come out. I shift slightly in bed and turn all of my attention to my husband.

He's back. I can't believe he's really back.

He shifts slightly in his sleep and his breathing goes from slow and steady to normal awake breathing. He takes a deep breath and rolls on his back, stretching. He yawns, his eyes still closed, and he raises his left hand to his face, rubbing it. He pauses his movements then and opens his eyes, inspecting his left hand. I see him moving the ring around with his thumb, and then he looks confused for a second, and then he turns his head to look at me.

"Rosie." He smiles. "My Rosie."

He reaches out and pulls me against him. He's still completely naked and so am I. I brush my fingers through his hair and his hands roam my bare back.

I hear louder cooing on the monitor and Zane peeks his head up.

"They're awake?" He asks. His eyes are bright with excitement. "Oh my gosh, I haven't even had the chance to play with them!"

He darts out of bed and grabs a pair of boxers from his drawer where they've sat since he left. He pulls on basketball shorts and looks at me.

"Are you coming?"

Yawning, I stand up and pull on panties and the shirt he was wearing last night.

I look at the baby monitor and see Logan is laying on his stomach on top of the bar. He leans to the side and throws his body out of the crib. I hear a thud on the ceiling and then screaming.

Zane darts out of the room and I run after him. We both walk into Logan's room at the same time and see him crawling across the room towards his bin of toys. He has tears in his eyes and seems unfazed. He stops crawling and looks up at us.

"Ma ma ma ma." He coos. He crawls across the floor to me and sits back on his butt, raising his hands to me.

I bend down and scoop him up off the floor. He puts his hands on my cheeks and coos loudly. I can feel how full his diaper is, and I can hear Liam cooing for attention in the other room.