His Bite is the Sweetest Poison ~ 4

~Recap~

Before she could say anything else he turned around and walked off. That was so random, she thought and puffed out a breath. She looked back at the table where the boy had been but the table was empty. She had only been talking for a minute and she would have noticed if anyone left, especially him. So the question now was, where did he go?  

***

Allison pulled up into the parking space in front of the smallest grocery store she'd ever seen. She got out of her car and looked up at the sign. Marcelo's Goods. She gazed at it for another second and started to laugh. She wondered how many jokes were made about Marcelo's goods. She personally would never want to know what exactly his goods were but for now she would live with his food. She went up to the sliding doors- at least they had sliding doors- and went in. As she walked towards the rack with all the baskets she swiveled her head this way and that trying to see exactly what Marcelo's offered. It was almost like other grocery stores except for the fact that it looked liked they sold about everything. She could see racks of clothes, toy bins, gardening equipment, books, food of course, movies and CD's.

"Wow," she said to herself, "I can find everything I need here."

"Indeed you can dear," came a voice from behind her.

Allison jumped at the sudden comment and turned around to face the little old woman who made it.

"Sorry to startle you my dear, I was just agreeing with your observation," the woman replied.

"Oh no. I was just concentrating too hard that I zoned out. I do that a lot sometimes. Ummm... my name is Allison, Allison Pent."

"Nice to meet you Allison. My name is Georgina Grooves. By chance are you related to Lucinda Pent?"

"Yes I am. She was my grandmother. I'm living in her old cottage."

"Really my dear? Why would you want to live all the way out there?"

"Well it's really peaceful up there and I could use all the peace I can get right now, besides there's something about the woods that just draws me to them" she answered

"Oh I see. That is true," she chuckled. "It's quite funny; your grandmother had a similar answer when I asked her why she would want to live up there."

"You knew my grandmother?" Allison asked with subtle curiosity.

"Why my dear, I went to school with your grandmother. She was my best friend."

"Oh wow. I never knew that. Honestly, I never knew about my grandmother until I learned about the cottage."

"I'm not surprised dear. Before your father left with Miranda, that was his girlfriend at the time, he and your grandmother had a great big fight. If I remember correctly it had something to do with those woods that she loved but I'm not too sure. After that day your grandmother never talked about the fight or your father again."

"Hmmm...I guess that would explain why they never told me about her," she said more to herself.

Allison took a moment to ponder what she was just told. She understood why a fight between her father and grandmother would make them mad at each other and possibly not speak to each other for a while, but would it really make them try to erase each other from their memories? She had her fair share of fights with her dad but one of them eventually came around and started talking to the other again.

Thinking about her dad brought back memories of what happened six months ago in sharp detail. She remembered the last fight they had and how it had blown out of proportion. Just thinking about what she said brought back all the pain and guilt she felt that day.