Chapter Six

"Sakura-chan?" I look back, Tenten is looking at me with her deep brown eyes and studying me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I give her one of my tightest smiles, but she doesn't believe me. And I am not surprised, I wouldn't believe myself either.

"We will be back in Konoha soon." She whispers and I nod. "And you can talk to Hokage-Sama about them..."

"What will I tell her?" I ask little annoyed. "That I am still not ready to face them?"

"That you still need time, Saku-chan." She sits next to me on the cold surface of the cave. The darkness is enlighted with fading light of fire.

"It means I am not strong enough." I whisper with tears filling my eyes. "I...I thought that no matter what I would be strong. But now, when they are here, I can see how much I need to improve."

"You don't need to overdo yourself." Tenten rolls her eyes and smiles. "You are strong already, Sakura-chan..." She looks away from me at the cold walls of the stoned cave. "You know... There are a lot of people, who you have motivated..." I look at her, but she isn't looking at me. "Your desire to get stronger... You changed people around you... And the fact that they came back, changes nothing." She looks down and then smiles. "You are still our Saku-chan, our friend and person we can always rely on."

I smile at her and side-hug her, grateful for the words she told me.

***

Flashback...

"Sakura-chan?" His voice is distant, but I still can make out the words he is choking out. "Sakura...Chan..." I lean closer, tears streaming down my face, leaving wet marks on my cheeks.

"Dad?" I whisper and try to smile for him. "Don't worry, you will be okay..." I whisper again, trying to use my chakra in order to heal him.

"Where is... Mebuki..?" Dad asks and I start sobbing louder. She is near us, lying in her own pool of blood.

"She..." I can't finish as more tears start streaming down. But he smiles at me, with his kindest smile.

"It's okay..." He whispers slowly and smiles. "I will be gone soon. You... Have to... Take care... Of yourself..." He chokes the words out and closes his eyes. The breathing starts slowing down and then stopping altogether.

"Dad? Dad!" I start yelling, but this changes nothing. He is lying on the marble floor, motionlessly, pool of blood surrounding him and me.

End of Flashback...

"Sakura-chan?" I hear a faint voice near me and stop, waking from my trance. I look back, just to be clashed into deep ocean blue eyes, and sun kissed blonde hair.

"Naruto...?" I ask in confusion and tilt my head in one side. I can't hate him, no matter what I can't force myself to hate him. I can't stand Kakashi, and I strongly dislike Sasuke, but Naruto... he is the brother I have never had. And he left to fulfill promise to me.

"Are you okay?" He asks me worriedly and smiles sheepishly. "I want to..." he looks down in shame and I get closer to him. "I am sorry... I shouldn't have left you here, alone... but I thought... I thought Kakashi-Sensei would be here with you... and I never knew people were bullying you... or... or... I would have..." he starts blabbering and I stop him with my hand, smiling gently at his confused face.

"It's okay, Naruto-Kun." I whisper again and grin. "It wasn't your fault..." I whisper again and hug him tightly. "You have always believed in me and my powers." I add in a low voice and hug him tighter then before. At first he tenses, confused but then relaxes and hugs me back, thanking me for giving him chance.

***

I walk slowly in the streets of Konoha. Other members of the mission went ahead to inform Hokage, but... I am in no hurry.

"Sakura-chan!" People are greeting me from every side of the village and I smile back at them, happiness creeping up on my spine as I look at their peaceful faces and lives. I don't want to endanger them, ever. No matter how much they hurt me, abused me or bullied me... they are still people I have to protect.

"Sakura?" Anko appears in front of me, her eyes studying me carefully. On one hand she is caring dumplings and eating them with smile. But there is concern inside her eyes, directed at me. "How are you? Did they do anything stupid? Should we kill them?"

"No, Anko-San, its okay." I smile gently at her. She has been next to me day and night when my parents died and... we started getting closer then she offered me being her student... and then I met Ibiki and others. If not Anko, I wouldn't be Sakura I am now. "I just... I met Sasori..." she gulps and motions me to continue. "And he told me about Nanaris." Her eyes widen and she takes a step back.

"So, you know?" She asks me and grunts. "It's dangerous Sakura, and not everyone can wake it."

"I know." I whisper sadly and sigh, looking up at the blue sky. "But I have to train in order to try waking it. I just..." I sigh again and chuckle. "I need to know that I did everything to activate my eyes."