Chapter 7- "you're not stupid"

We were walking through the pipes quietly.... "So, what are we going to do when we make it out?" Nick asked me. "I don't know, better to be out there than in here, maybe I'll find an orphanage." I replied. "We are three grown people, Why would we find an orphanage?" Tommy questioned. "Because it's safe and the food is free." I answered. "Oof, you right." Tommy joked. "We are too small to look like actual children, they are at least 2 feet bigger than us" Nick said. "Cmon Nick, this is a good time to be optimistic about things." I bumped into him gently and playfully. Nick rolled his eyes. We then heard a rustle....we looked around. "AAAAAAH!!!" Tommy screamed, he was getting dragged into a hole through the pipe by a huge hand. "TOMMY!" Nick and I quickly threw rocks at the hand and the hand started to bleed, it let go of Tommy and disappear. We both ran to Tommy, he was on the floor, he looks like he was wounded.
.
.
.
.
"OW! i sAID GENTLY!!" Tommy screamed as I was pressing on his wound on his head with cloth and warm water. "Stop being such a baby, I'll have Nick do it for you if you don't shut it." I said as I was dipping the cloth in more water. "Who's bright idea was it to throw rocks like a mindless child?" Tommy complained. Nick pointed at me. "Look it was either this or who knows what." I said. I patched up Tommy's head with the supplies he had. "Great, now we can't go through the pipes, we should take that shortcut." I said. Tommy quickly reacted, he looked at me then at Nick. "NO no way! That place is the last place you'd like to see!" Tommy said, he got up then he was limping, he then fell down. "Fuck...I...I can't walk..." Tommy looked at Nick. I also looked at Nick, I started smiling, "what?" Nick said. [few seconds later] "I can't believe I'm doing this..." Nick said, he was carrying Tommy on his back. "I think it's cute! Look at him!" I pointed out Tommy, we was swaying his feet up and down like a child. I started giggling. "Hey look!" I pointed down, I saw a mirror on the floor. "It's our size! And it's so beautiful." I picked it up and checked it out. "Maybe we should keep it with us?" Nick said. I turned the mirror around. "It says the number 6? What does that mean?" I was wiping the dust off the mirror, I turned it around to see myself. Then, I saw a shadow behind us. I quickly looked back, "Ashlie! Are you coming?" Tommy yelled. I looked at their direction. "Y-yeah! I'll be right there!" I looked around then ran to the guys.
.
.
.
.
.
We kept hearing noises, we looked around... *whack* a rock was thrown at Nick. "OW!!" Nick yelled. "What was that?!" I yelled. Rocks were being thrown at us we were covering our heads. The figure that was throwing the rocks was our size. It ran around us. "Hey!! What the hell!" Tommy screamed. The figure didn't look like a gnome it had long ears. Tommy's screaming scared the figure. It hid in the shadows, "wait no..don't be scared..we won't hurt you." I said as I got out a piece of bread. It started growling... I started to sweat. "Ashlie, I don't think you should be close to that thing..." Nick said. It got closer to me, it's taller than me but shorter than Nick. "AAAHH!!" I screamed as it attacked me,  Nick ran to me, it was about to bite my face off..."h-huh?" I mumbled. "STUPID STUPID STUPID!!" The figure stopped and started smacking himself, he quickly got off of me. I sat up...I was in fear. Nick helped me up. The figure was shaking, he also got up... "gGGAAAAH!!" He started holding on to his stomach in pain.. He fell down. I ran to him. "Ashlie! Ugh!" Nick yelled as he followed me. I helped him get up. "I-it w-won't go....away.." He stuttered. "What doesn't?" I asked. "THE FUCKING NIGHTMARES" he shouted, he started crying like crazy. "What's your name?" I asked him. "D-Don...." He stuttered. "They'll go away, I was in your shoes, just breathe, no need to panic." I was holding his hands trying to calm him down, he had blood all over them..."what did you eat today?" I asked him. He didn't want to tell me...but...he kinda had to.. "I ate....t-three rats...um...t-ten w-worms....and...a kid..." He answered. My heart started to beat faster... "A...child?" I asked. Nick and Tommy looked at me. I looked back. Tears were going down Don's face...he nodded. "Her screams......they haunted me.....I...I'm a monster..." Don hits himself again and again. "Stupid, stupid, stupid-" he said, I caught his fist. "You're not stupid...the same thing happened to me and Nick, we just didn't ate a...kid... But besides the point, we know how to get rid of it." I said. "I got something to show you.." Don said, he pointed at a book on the ground. He lifted his finger, the book lifted up as well. We were all in shock. "How did you do that??" Nick asked. "After my friends abandoned me because I slowed them down, I ate many things...that child..I ate, had human life or something, I believe that's what gave me this power..I don't remember what this book said hold on-" Don got out a book our size. "Where did you get that?" I asked, "I found it somewhere I'm not sure where exactly." Don was skipping through pages, "Right here" he pointed at a paragraph..
.
.
.
.
'If you have this sickness get help now, you may experience 6 phases,
1. Intense hunger pain
2. Blurry vision
3. Fainting
4. Loss of appetite in non meat products
5. Intense nightmares
6. Cannibalism
If you didn't experience all of these phases you are somehow cured.
If a human is eaten by another human with this very sickness, it's life or *spirit* becomes or turns into a trait...a trait nobody can achieve... It's a frightening trait that will grow stronger the more humans they eat... Children are the easiest prey... Their spirit turns into random magic such as; floating, walking on water, telekinesis, fire, lasers. Etc. as for the adults...they're spirit contains evil magic, that evil magic can absorb life. The only cure is to try you're best to stop eating fresh meat or get medicine from your doctor if necessary.
.
"I have experienced all these symptoms.. It gives out more details but I don't really want to get in it." Don said, "Nick and I didn't experience all of these, I had experienced all but number 6..." I said. "I only experienced 1, 4, and 5" Nick added. "Then you guys are cured." Don said. Nick and I smiled at eachother. Don started trembling..."nnngh..." Don mumbled. We helped him up...he then fell down, we checked on him....oh no...."he's sleeping!!! Wake him up!! Wake him up!! He's gonna have another nightmare!!" I screamed at Nick. Nick was shaking Don, then he slapped him. "Nothing's working!! He's out cold!!" Nick yelled. Tommy got off Nick's back. "WAKE UP NERDDD!" We both looked at Tommy in disappointment. "What? I would've woken up to that then slap the bitch who said it" Tommy said.
.
.
.
.
"Good luck Don.."