t h i r t e e n

"Why are you so smiley?" Foley smirked as I put our dirty dishes from breakfast in the sink.

"I'm not?" I replied, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Don't BS me, Gabi. You've been so smiley ever since you came down for breakfast!" He pointed out, "What happened between you and Niall last night?"

I looked around the kitchen to make sure that no one was around besides us two. When I saw that it was clear, I mumbled very quickly and quietly, "Weslepttogehter"

His eyes widened as he broke out into a smile, "You slept together?!"

"Shhh!" I smacked him, "They might hear you!"

"Oh sorry" He put his hands up before lowering his voice to a whisper and repeating, "You slept together?!

I rolled my eyes, "Yes"

He smirked, "I bet you're happy I gave you two alone time now, aren't ya?"

"A little" I hummed as I turned the sink on to wash the dirty dishes.

"Speak of the devil" Foley smirked when Niall entered the kitchen. Just as he did, Foley exited.

I continued to wash the dishes until I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and pull me into them.

I giggled as I felt Niall's lips on my neck, "What are you doing?"

"Making the most out of my time with you" He mumbled against my skin.

I shut of the water off and spun around to face him, snaking my arms around his neck, "Well, we can't be doing too much here considering my parents are in the living room right next to us"

"Two floors above didn't stop us yesterday" He smirked.

I playfully rolled my eyes and shoved him away, "You're crazy"

"Crazy for you, petal" He commented, tying my stomach in knots.

I then threw the dish towel at him and forced him to dry the dishes after I washed them as punishment for being so cheeky. Now that we established where we were, it was a lot easier to enjoy his company and flirty banter.

It was finally Thanksgiving and I could not be more excited. Family, food, friends, food, and even more food. What could I possibly ask for? Oh, yeah. The fact that Niall is spending this holiday with me.

My extended family always came to our for Thanksgiving while we spent Christmas at one of theirs. I had previously informed them that Niall was coming to avoid the surprise, so hopefully they don't give him too much unnecessary attention.

The day went on slowly as we waited for my family to arrive at around four in the afternoon. Niall, Foley, and I were caught up in a rousing game of Uno in the living room when I heard the doorbell ring. Looks like the family's here!

I got up from my spot and went to the door to greet everyone with my parents. I haven't seen them since I left for college so it was really nice to be together again.

"Mommy! That's Niall Horan!" My four year old cousin, Olive, squealed as soon as she walked in the door. I guess my warning didn't reach the little ones...

"Olive!" I exclaimed, running up to her and scooping her in my arms hoping to distract her for a few moments. I wanted her to meet Niall, but properly. I held her in my arms and she wrapped her little ones around my neck, "Did ya miss me?"

"Yeah. I wanna play dollies with you" She informed me. Just like myself, Olive was an only child so she always enjoyed it when we were together. I kinda played the role of big sister to her.