Sweet Creature

Note: Inspired by the video, Sweet Creature, from above by justcallmeMichelle. AKA one of my favorite Jack videos on YouTube ;)

The boys had stopped for another junk food run while Jack, Cas, and I sat squished up in the backseat of the Impala. I could practically feel wings digging into my elbows, they were so close.

"Guys, we need to talk about personal space-" I started to say when Cas cut me off.

"Again?" he asked, dumbfounded, "But I already had this talk with Dean,"

"Yes, again, Cas! There's only so much room in the backseat, you know," I huffed.

Jack said nothing while Cas just shot me a disgruntled look. Throwing my hands up in the air, I gave out a frustrated sigh as I wiggled out of the angel sandwich and crawled into the front seat.

"So much better," I mumbled to myself as I began to twist the knobs on the radio.

"Um, I don't think you should be doing that. Dean-" Jack started to protest, eyebrows furrowed but I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah. What Dean doesn't know won't hurt me," I interrupted, waving him off as I continuing to fiddle with the controls.

Suddenly, a song burst into life from the speakers and grinning, I turned up the volume.

"Aw!" I shrieked, putting a hand to my heart, "I used to love him so much! Those dimples! Those curls!"

Shaking his head, I could hear Cas mumble an "oh, no" under his breath just as the chorus began.

"But oh, sweet creature! Sweet creature! Wherever I go...you bring me home," I sang along loudly.

Jack whispered something to Cas then before speaking up, "Why is he singing about creatures? I thought humans sang about other humans?"

I shook my head at him, "Not always, Jackie-dear. Besides, "sweet creature" is a figure of speech anyway,"

He bit his lip, eyebrows knitting together in thought as Cas continued to mutter things under his breath as the song went on.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature, when I run out of road, you bring me home!" I continued singing, swaying to the music as I sat in the driver's seat.

"Sweet creature, we're running through the garden, oh, where nothing bothered us. But we're still young, I always think about you and how we don't speak enough..." Harry sang out and I smiled, thinking of One Direction and my old teenage years I spent loving them.

The song continued on with me belting out the lyrics when suddenly, I heard humming in the backseat. Arching an eyebrow curiously, I turned around to find Cas with his eyes closed...humming. Well, that's something, I thought to myself with a shrug. The angel had been a Directioner all along, I suppose. The chorus came up sooner than I'd expected it then and before I knew what was happening, a deep voice sang out, mingling with my own feminine one.

"But oh, sweet creature, sweet creature! Wherever I go...you bring me home!" Jack sang out very loudly, surprising me completely.

His voice was like, well, an angel's. I sent him a grin and he returned just as Cas began to sing along as well and we all sang out.

"Sweet creature, sweet creature! When I run out of road...you bring me-" we sang along before all of a sudden, the radio went dead.

"HOW DARE YOU LISTEN TO POP MUSIC IN BABY!" Dean roared as both him and Sam climbed in, Dean pushing me aside until I'd clambered over into the backseat once more.

Jack made room for me while Cas just muttered something about no "room for his wings". Sam tried to hold back his chuckles, biting his lip as he put the bags of junk food into the floorboards of the Impala.

"Baby is a pop-free zone," he grumbled and I rolled my eyes at the comment.

"Says the guy who listens to "Shake It Off"," I shot back, silencing him instantly.

Wordlessly, he started up the engine. Just as we began to zoom down the road, he fiddled with the radio controls and suddenly, the speakers blared to life.

"In the middle of the night, in my dreams, you should see the things we do, baby," Taylor Swift's voice came through loudly.

I shared a knowing look with Sam as the next line came on.

"In the middle of the night, in my dreams, I know I'm gonna be with you. So I take my time, ...are you ready for it?"

Dean began to smirk and started to sing along when I shot him a look, arching my eyebrow. Quickly, he coughed and tried to cover it up. The rest of the ride was filled with pop music after that and as I leaned back in my seat next to Jack, I knew we'd be having some different genres playing in Baby very soon.