•Blame The Cat•

⚠️Warning: mention of cutting⚠️

A/N~ Just so you know, this story is not all about love and how it fixes depression. That's not how it works and I don't want to promote false information. Be safe little beans! <3

-Makoto's pov-

Haru has not brought up what happened last night which I am deeply grateful for. I had a very rough night and I'm so tired.

We are all on the roof eating lunch. Nagisa and Rei were with us, but Nagisa wanted some snacks and dragged Rei along with him.

"Makoto?" Haru mutters, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

"Huh? What is it, Haru?" I turn my gaze up to his ocean blue eyes. Surprisingly, his gaze is not returned. Instead, they are looking down at my tan arm.

My sleeve is pushed up somewhat and shows some long cuts in different directions on my arm. I move it out of his gaze and lay my hand in my lap.

"W-What is it Haru-chan?" I add a smile for good measures.

Haru cocks his head to the side in curiosity, "Is your arm alright? What happened to it?" He reaches down to look at it more, but I flinch away from him.

Haru stares at me for a moment with a surprised and hurt look. I want to apologize, but I need to change the topic and give him a reason why this happened.

I give a bashful laugh and scratch the back of my neck out of nervousness. "Oh, this? It's fine! I was playing with the kitten and I must've upset her and she clawed at me." I explain, waving my arms around as I talk.

The cuts are still fresh, some of them look too straight to be caused by a cat scratch. I tug my sleeves down and cross my arms over my chest.

"Are you sure? Let me take a lo-"

"Haru-senpai, Mako-senpai!"

We both turn our head with wide eyes from Nagisa startling us. The blond runs over with Rei trailing behind him, telling him it's not safe to be running around.

"I got all of us some drinks!" Nagisa announces as Rei finally catches up.

Lunch carries on with the four of us almost like nothing happened.  But I feel otherwise.

I exterior progress to the conversations, fallowing whatever Nagisa decides to steer us to. I smile, laugh, and pretend. Internally, I feel like a frantic mess. My mind keeps going to the few minutes ago conversation I had with Haru.

Why did I decide to roll up my sleeves? Why did I come up with a stupid excuse such as a 'cat scratch?'

I play with the cuff of my green flannel. Unbuttoning. Buttoning. Unbuttoning. Bottoming.

Maybe I can start doing it on my leg? I mean... I have a legskin swimsuit and no one will see them. Yeah, I'll start doing that...