Jake Wilson. 2

Song is curtesy of Lea. Idea is curtesy of Apple for the prompt 'running'.

This song said, "When all those shadows almost killed your light."

------

      Jake was walking down the road after his rejection from Camilla. He walked and walked, no longer able to find the energy.
      He passed a lamppost and jumped at the sight of his own shadow, glaring at it as it moved with him.
       Looking at the shadow, he remembered everything he'd been through, everything Camilla had been through. He couldn't give up now, he couldn't let the shadows win.
     He ran and ran, back to Camilla's house. He knocked on the door again and wasn't surprised to find it slammed shut as soon as it was opened.
      He tried again, and received the same result. After that, he prepared himself. He knocked again, twenty minutes later so she might believe it was someone else.
      This time, when she opened the door, he lodged his foot in the door. "Ow." Jake winced but grinned up at Camilla's shocked expression. "I may not have been the smartest, but I'm not the most stupid person."
      Camilla rolled her eyes. She tried to kick his foot out of the way of the door. However, she was so worried about ruining her heels that she didn't kick very hard.
      Jake grinned. "Not gonna throw those heels away?" All he got was another eye roll. But she did stop kicking his foot.
      Jake kept talking, it was all he knew how to do. "Athena lost for words? Never thought I'd see the day."
       "Never thought you could be so mundane. Oh wait," Camilla smirked then glared. It was progress.
      With a shrug, Jake continued. "You know, sometimes Poseidon does have to come down to mundane level to relax."
      "Poseidon wants to relax?" Camilla asked. "Well, when you see him, let him know he's welcome to sit down in here."
      "Hello, I'm Poseidon," Jake stuck his hand out.
      Camilla grabbed his hand and pulled him inside, practically throwing him.
      "Thank you," Jake muttered. "I see your manners have improved."
      "Says the one who just turns up suddenly after being dead for twenty four years and only starts with 'Hey'," Camilla glared at him.
      "Exactly, my manners have improved tonnes!" Jake exclaimed. At that, Camilla did laugh a little.
      They sat and talked, explaining their own stories and exchanging insults. It felt great, Jake was glad he'd come running back and was honestly wondering how he'd let those shadows almost kill his light. Camilla, his fire, the only light in his world.