18

It was 9 at night and the whole gang was crowded around the tv watching Mickey Mouse and eating the leftover cake.

     Soda and I sat on the couch, Darry sat in his chair, and everyone else sat on the floor.

I propped my legs on the couch beside me and turned my head back to the tv, when a hand lightly grabbed my cheek and Soda gently kissed me.

When he pulled away I still had my eyes closed and I let out a deep breath.

When I looked at him his attention was already directed back toward the tv and he was smiling.

     I turned away blushing and began to pick at the peeling nail polish on my fingernails.

     I saw the gang passing around a platter of chocolate cake and I took it from Pony.

     I took a bite and the savory sweetness of chocolate exploded over my tongue.

     Soda took a bite to and we kept eating until the whole cake was gone.

    "Hey Alice can you pass the cake?" Steve said.

     "Oh," I said softly, trying to contain my laughter. "I'm sorry Steve, I ate it."

    "The whole thing," he shouts.

    "Yeah," I burst into the laughter.

     He frowned and looked back at the tv.

     I giggled at his grumpiness.

    I got up to the throw the tray away and when I came back Steve had taken my place on the couch.

     "Come on Steve I'm sorry."

     "Sorry don't cut it," he said sarcastically.

     "Fine then." I said and sat down on Soda's lap.

     Steve stuck his tongue out at me.

      Soda wrapped his arms around my waist and when his arm brushed my skin I let out a giggle.

     I'm super ticklish.

     "Oh, are you ticklish Alice?" Soda asked.

     "No." I said trying to cover it up.

     He tickled my side and I laughed, trying to get up but his grip was tight.

He finally let me go, but not before he tackled me to the floor.

The gang scurried out of the way, watching and laughing at us as we wrestled.

I rubbed his stomach and he let out a laugh but quickly slapped his hand over his mouth.

I gasp. "Your ticklish to!"

The gang "oood" at Soda and his checks turn dark red.

He tickles me again and I grab my stomach laughing and kicking my legs in the air.

We wrestle for a few more minutes, the gang watching us make fools of ourselves.