11

A sudden knock on the door burst the tranquil bubble we were floating in. Harry looks up to me to see if I knew who it would be and I shrug, all I know is I have more unexpected guests tonight than anticipated. Harry jumps to his feet, pulls his shirt over his head using it to wipe himself down. He slides his briefs up and strolls to the door casually while I grab a tissue to clean up hurriedly and throw my dress down covering myself. I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and lean over to try and sneak a peek of our guest.

"Can I help you?" Harry politely asks. I try to maneuver to see around but he barely creaked the door far enough for him to see, let alone a peeping tom such as myself.

"We got a noise disturbance call. Just wanted to check up and make sure everything is alright." A man's voice carries through the opening. Oh shit, people heard us. I blush at the thought that our actions following the argument may have possibly also been heard. Harry runs his hand through his hair, in typical fashion before continuing.

"Sorry officer, we just had a bit of a disagreement, but everything is settled. We will keep the noise level to a dull roar." I can practically hear the grin on his face, which I know tells the officer what was really going on here.

"Alright you have yourself a good night, Mr. Styles." Even better, the police officer recognized Harry, I roll my eyes.

"Thank you sir, you as well." Harry closes the door and walks back to the bed rubbing the back of his neck. I bite my lip and flash an embarrassed smile.

"You're mad." His raspy voice is playful, but oh so soothing. I have missed his gentle eyes and playful voice more than anything.

"Oh please, you are the crazy one here!" I squeal.

"Your temper got us in trouble." He has a Cheshire cat grin from ear to ear which is infectious and I can feel my cheeks rise in response.

"And you don't?" I give him a curious look but can't fight back my now growing grin.

"I don't know; let's ask the flowers you threw against the patio." He nods over our shoulder to the remnants of his thoughtful gift that in ordinary situations would have melted my heart rather than end up in a shattered mess all over the concrete.

"Oh, aren't you so clever?" I playfully roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Note to self, Chelsea doesn't like roses." His words are slow, and I can't help but find myself swooning over the way he pronounces roses.

"Note to self, Harry draws quick conclusions." I retort back, and for a moment we catch each other's eye and his lips slowly fall releasing that smile from his face.

"That's a fair statement." He says softly and his eyes have softened as he pushes the hair back from my face before tracing my lower lip with his thumb. Lost in his spell I feel the butterflies set free in my stomach making it hard for me to breathe, or even think straight under his gaze.

"I am sorry Harry." I breathe and realize my eyes are welling up. I can feel my wall fall, completely exposing myself to him, praying he doesn't destroy me.

"We are learning one another. The more we learn the more we are going to fight." His words were gentle and mature, which was a complete 360 from where we were about thirty minutes ago.

Being with Harry constantly felt as if I was trying to catch up, like I was chasing after him, and just wasn't sure if I ever would but I was determined to try. He was fascinating to me, everything about him, from the way he walked to the way he spoke just captured my attention and left me in awe.

"I," I start but trail off because I am not sure if I am ready to fully confess to him what I am feeling inside.

"What?" He searches my face for answers as I try to think of a way to word what I want to say.