Chapter Two

Authors Note: Hey guys! I need to clear up a few things! First of all, Clive is a boy! Not a girl...I'm not really that good at writing in a boys perspective, because this is the first story I've ever tried it, so bare with me there. And also, my prologue is in the point of veiw of Midoree who will come soon. I like to do my prologues in the point of veiw of someone other than my main character. Hope that helped! -Janessa

Chapter Two:

          “Third. You’re joking right?” Jason asked as we sat in the back row of fifth period, Science. Mr. Jefferson was busy helping another teacher out in the hall.

          “Man, I wish I was.” I flicked my pencil and it accidently went flying across the room. I shrunk against my seat when it hit Ty flat in the back of the head. I turned to Jason and urged him to make me look busy. He just laughed.

          Ty turned around and looked me square in the eyes. I raised my eyebrows pretending I didn’t do anything. Ty smiled and slowly stood to walk over to me.

          “Can I help you?” I asked as he grabbed the collar of my shirt. He yanked me up and glared hard.

          “Dude, it was just a pencil.” Jason reached out to push Ty away from me. That just made things worse. Ty’s hand connected with the side of Jason’s face, sending him to the ground. I watched as Jason slowly picked himself up, a trail of blood making its way out of his nose.

          “Ty, do you really have to do this?” I asked. In answer his grip on my shirt just got tighter, and a growl escaped his lips, “Fine.” I said clenching my jaw. Without another thought I kneed him in the stomach. He doubled over dropping me to the floor. I jumped up out of his way just as Jefferson walked back into the room.

          “Mr. Richards, may I ask why you are groaning and grumbling on my floor?” He asked as he walked behind his desk. Ty looked up at me and opened his mouth to rat me out, but I was already far enough away from him that there wasn’t any evidence of my knee coming in contact with him at all.

          “Sorry sir.” Ty said, giving me a dirty look.

          “Mr. Pike,” Jefferson said as we were going back to our seats, Jason looked up with a pained expression, “Is something wrong with your nose?” Jason slowly lowered his hands away, exposing a blood covered face. His hands were practically dripping. Mr. Jefferson made a face.

          “It was nothing sir, I tripped.” Jason tried to cover it up. Jefferson wasn’t buying it. He clicked his tongue and pulled two pink slips from one of his drawers.

          “Pike and Richards, there is no fighting in my class.” Jason shook his head, and grabbed a handful of tissues on his way out. Ty practically pushed him into the hall in anger.

          “Mr. Jefferson,” His name slipped without me even thinking about it.

          “Yes, Mr. Kendall?”

          “Um, I,” I stared out the door after them, considering what I was planning on saying. Jason looked back and shook his head; he didn’t want me going with them, “Nevermind.” I slid into my seat and stared at my hands.

          I hated fighting, just as much as the next guy. I never found much fun in making someone else bleed. But it seemed like the more Ty hated me, the more we’d end up fighting. I’d already broken a collar bone because of him, and gotten suspended for a week. I couldn’t even remember the last time Ty and I were even close to being friends. We had grown up together our whole lives. He’d always hated me, I will never understand why.