Chapter 3 - Again and again

Two weeks later——>

There comes a knock on Cainan’s door and his head lifted from the pillow and a low moan erupted from his throat. Thinking he’s probably still dreaming, he drops his head down on the pillow and his eyes close, but the knock comes again, this time louder than the first and he groans aloud in frustration he shouldn’t be feeling so early.

“Go away!” He growls and shoves his head into the pillow.

The knock comes the third time and Cainan knows the only solution there is getting up, going to the door and knocking out whoever is at the door, but there’s a familiar voice, “I’m not leaving until I see you, Cainan Inferno.”

The voice caused a stir in him and it wasn’t in a good way; it was most horrifyingly.

“Samantha?” His voice comes out surprised and sceptical as it comes out. His eyes finally pulled apart, causing him to wince at the presence of the already bright day.

“Yes, and I think you’ve avoided me enough, so you’re gonna face me and tell me why you’ve rejected all my calls and avoided me these past weeks.” She sounds violent from across the room and he wonders what she would do to him if she was before him or after she finds out they might need to break up.

He slowly sits down, holding his head. “Can we do this some other time?” Cainan's head is heavily pounding and his blood intensely surging through his vein and it’s weird because he knows he’s not a heavy drinker, so the reason for his morning headache he has no explanation for and he knows if he opens the door for her, she’ll only come in and yell at him or worse hit him.

The stubborn lady at the door is t ready to listen to reason, “Yes, so you can avoid me for another two weeks? No thanks.”

“Wai– what time is this?” He mumbled under his breath, but she seems to have heard because her reply comes immediately.

“Time for you to get up and open the damn door!”

There is no other way out so he gets up and walks to the door, “I’ll open the door if you promise not to yell at me.”

“I’ll try Cainan, can’t promise you anything.” She responds, her voice dropping in tempo.

Cainan nod, he can certainly use a ‘try’, and with that, he opens the door and there stands Samantha. In a red mini gown and what looked to be a six-inch Lita heel because she was never this tall. Samantha is one of the prettiest girls Cainan has ever met, with dark skin, brown eyes, full red lips and an impressive body, but there’s an ugly side to her and Cainan always tries as much as possible to avoid it. Her face has enough makeup to make her look like an angel and Cainan almost burst out laughing at the thought, but he knew that would only end up with him getting punched in his face.

“Hey?” He says, uncertain of what is appropriate to say.

“Hey? We haven’t talked or seen in two weeks and all you have to say is, hey?” She demands loudly.

Cainan’s eyes shut as his head pounds harder at her loud voice. “Sam, your voice... Please.”

“Are you cheating on me?” She asks, ignoring his plea as she turns to him.

‘Yes, I am and you want to know why because you nag the hell out of me and I’d rather have my ex who is now a married woman than take that.’ He wanted to blurt out to her, but he takes a deep breath and speaks, “Listen, Sam–”

Her teeth grit angrily, “Just answer the damn question! It’s a simple yes or no.”

“Sam–” His words shortened as she silences him with a hard slap to his face.