THE MORTAL CUP

It was early in the morning. Way too early for the sun to rise, much less for anyone to be awake. Even though it was June, at that hour it felt like a winters breath caressed the exsposed skin that peeked beneath the blankets. Yet, in the police training room two figures circled one another, slowly, expertly, wooden swords in their arms.

The tall man swung the sword at the red head, an attack she easily blocked. He steped back only for her to attack him, hitting his sword once, than quickly twisting and delivering a stronger attack on the other side. She took a step back before twisting her arm once again, so her sword was moving towards the man's neck. He had barely time to block the little girl's blow before trying to trip her as he swung the sword towards her middle.

The girl fell on her right shoulder, hissing as she felt a bruise forming, and quickly fliped back before standing up, just in time to block another of the black skined man's attack.

Still, he had both of her arms behind her back as she struggled to keep his sword from hitting her body. Her knees blucked, the position becoming to much for her. Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she quickly retierd, causing the heavy sword to hit the grond with a loud bang.

She used the chance, and fast as lightening twisted the mans wrist, sharp pain moving up his arm as she took the sword from the man, hiding it behind her back. The tip of her's rested beneath his jaw.

"I win." the girl smiled, sweat covering her body. Amusement was clear in her crystal eyes, her hand still keeping the sword on his collar bone.

"Yes, you did kiddo." the man laughed at the girls entusiasm.

"With how you've been going I expect to be a part of some ancient combat competition." she teased, tying her dark red hair that stuck to her face.

Her body hurt from all the exercising but she felt good, enjoying the ache.

"Why'd you think that?" the man asked, confusion lacing his words as he scaned the girl, looking for any sings of knowlage.

"You taught me how to use every weapon under the sun that existed for the last thousand years, yet you have a struck every time I come near your gun. Something you wish to tell me Luke?" the girl teased, sugestivly wriggling her eyebrows. The man rolled his eyes as he realized what she was impicating.

"Happy Birthday Sia." Luke said laughting. So she didn't know yet.

"Don't change the subject Luke."

"I'm not. You are not getting a gun until you are 21. End of discussion." he said putting the swords back on the shelf.

"You're such a buzz kill you know that?" Sia said as she packed her things.

"I gotta go, I have to be at the collage in ten and I look like I've just came out from the latest episode of Supernatural."

"You are getting your present later today." Luke yelled after her and she just waved him off a geniue smile gracing her features.

Seraphina, or Sia, as everyone called her was running back home. She'd never admit it but those were her favourite moments, as she got to breathe the fresh air, see the sun rise to grace the planet and her, the calming way her heart beat, as her muscules reached their limit.

She always loved to be awake early in the morning, to see the sunrise, the amazing colors the sky produced, an art no artist could ever create.

Still, that morning she felt a sense of uneasiness you feel when someone is watching you, following you without your knowledge. Seraphina scaned her surrondings quickly, her whole body altered once again as she kept an illusion of relaxation.