Chapter 11

“What happened?” I groaned. My head was killing me and my body ached all over. As my eyes adjusted to the light I realised I wasn’t somewhere I recognised… I was lying on the bottom bunk of a bed, wrapped in a multi coloured blanket with chickens on it.

“You were pretty out of it… You passed out…” a voice spoke up. I sat up and looked around. Sitting on the floor surrounded by a heap of pillows was Luke. He was on his laptop scrolling through what seemed to be Tumblr.

“Where am I? What am I doing here? Where’s Sarah?” I questioned, still disorientated and confused.

“You’re at the humble Brooks’ residence. Sarah’s dad came to pick the two of you up after Aaron’s and you refused to get in the car… I live next door so I told them I’d take care of you. Sarah said she’d be back to get you around midday.”

“I think someone spiked my drink…”

“Well that would explain why you were acting so odd. I’m so sorry, this is all my fault, I was the one who invited you. I never thought something like this would happen, I’m so sorry Lydia”

“It’s okay. My head is killing me though, I feel like a bag of smashed assholes. Not to mention I probably look like a huge wreck.”

“You look fine,” he assured with a smile. I managed to shoot a small one back before we heard someone at the door.

Knock Knock!

A woman poked her head into the room. That must be Luke’s mum, I thought.
“Sleeping beauty has arisen!” She laughed.

“I’m so sorry for crashing here without warning, thank you so much for letting me stay.” I said in my best ‘I’m not hungover’ voice.

“No sweetheart it’s fine. Believe it or not, I was a teenager once as well!”

She winked. “I was just coming in to tell you that I’m popping out to the shops for a bit. Anything you guys want me to grab?”

“Milk!” Luke replied.

“No surprise there.” She giggled. “You and your bloody milk… I’ll be back in about an hour or so.” We waved goodbye and she closed the door behind her. I looked over at the clock on the wall. It was only 9am, Sarah wasn’t going to be here for another 3 hours. Luke shut the lid of his laptop and turned to face me.

“Do you need anything? A glass of water?” he asked with a concerned look on his face.

“Yeah that’d be great. I really need to use the bathroom though”

“Oh yes of course, down the hall and on the right.” He replied.

I shuffled out of the room and closed the bathroom door behind me. Standing in front of the mirror I wiped the remains of my black mascara and eyeliner off my cheeks. I had wild bed hair and looked like a mess. I went to go fix my dress but realised I wasn’t wearing it, but had a T-Shirt and trackies on instead. Aww, Luke must have lent them to me last night to sleep in. Cute.

After making myself look a little more visually presentable I walked back into the bedroom to find both of Luke’s brothers sitting in there too.

“Someone had a big night last night!” His older brother Beau teased.

“Was I really THAT bad?” I laughed.

“Oh god you should have seen yourself. I’ve never seen anyone that wasted in my life, and I’m 18, I go clubbing all the time! You’d think you were on drugs or something I swear…”

“That’s what I reckon, I think someone slipped something to my drink while I wasn’t looking…” I replied.

The boys all shot each other concerned looks as if they knew something I didn’t. They must have noticed the confused look on my face because Jai spoke up,

“Well, not saying that this is definitely the case, but a lot of our fans can get a bit crazy at times… I really hope they wouldn’t do something like that but it’s possible. They all knew that Luke invited you unlike them who just turned up because they heard we were going…”

The other two nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, it’s likely it could have been someone who was jealous, but I just can’t think who would do such a thing…” Beau added.

Great. I’d been here for what, two weeks? And I’d already been bitched about, death stared and now drugged? It was starting to look like my life back in Brisbane. But I’m not ready to talk about that just yet.