i - two and one; yvonne

* pov: third person (yvonne) *

-

Sometimes you're claimed by the last god you expected, and then you suddenly feel like it was meant to be.

The day of the claiming started normally. She stared up at the ceiling in the 'Unclaimed' section, trying to go through her mental list of potential godly parents as her twin brother Yzonne was still asleep. Apparently it was a little game unclaimed campers liked to play while killing time. It was hard to figure out, anyway, because the two of them could fit anywhere. She wouldn't be surprised if she ended up in the Demeter cabin or the Horae or the Winds or heck, even the Apollo, Iris, or Hypnos cabin. The two of them were passive and appreciated sleep and beauty.

In fact, anything but Nemesis or Ares. Violence and grudges were not things she and Yzonne lived for.

She was jolted from her thoughts when the head counselor of Hermes, Courtney Stoll, slid down the ladder from the second level of the cabin and yelled at everybody to wake them up. The little light that filtered through the window in the ceiling made her freckles visible, and her dark curls bounced as she jumped onto the floor with glee. A pretty normal sight on another day of being unclaimed.

Before Courtney could grab Yvonne's covers and throw it to startle her, Yvonne immediately sat up and combed her straight brown hair. She'd forgotten, however, that the whole section still had her friends in it, and soon blankets were being flung around and curses were sailing around the air like projectiles.

"Wakey-wakey, sleeping beauties!" grinned Courtney, obviously amused. "Your arses aren't going to get themselves to breakfast!"

Yvonne rubbed her eyes and yawned. Despite her generally positive and lively outlook on life, she'd lost most of her hopes of being claimed. She knew that most probably none of them were Hermes kids, because she had solid proof that Hermes did claim his children in a unique way — Myrtle Suzuki, the peacekeeper of the cabin, arrived a day after they did, and she was immediately greeted with the staff of Hermes appearing above her head in silver.

Sighing to herself, she finally got off the bed and patted her twin's shoulder to calm him down from his initial shock. Both shared a look and together, they jumped out of their beds and went up the ladder.

Yvonne and Yzonne grew up with their father, and later on, his wife and daughter. Luckily, their stepmother and stepsister didn't really mind the fact that they weren't related to them. Ever since birth, they did everything together, kept no secrets, and helped each other through the other's problems. They were so inseparable that everybody around them knew that they shouldn't be split in any activity, and that they shouldn't mess with them either, because they were a force to be reckoned with.

The same old things happened at the Hermes table during breakfast.

Courtney Stoll, Justin Noir, Alice Miyazawa, and Julia Feingold struggled to hide their giggles as they watched the Muses campers figure out where their microphone went (right under the seat). Cecil Markowtiz and Chris Rodriguez were pointing at the Ares table, probably in a conversation about Chris' boyfriend, Clark La Rue. Myrtle Suzuki and Alizia Lee were talking animatedly, and that left Yvonne to talk potential godly parents with Tristan Noir, Markus Cruz-Villanueva, and Yzonne.

For the fifth time that week.

"Well, what d'you think?" Asked Tristan, leaning on her palm while taking a spoonful of her gratin. The plates at Camp Half-Blood let the unclaimed eat and drink whatever they wanted, and so far, both the Noir siblings used that to their advantage.

"For the last time, that's rude. Put your arm down," chided Markus, scowling at Tristan. Today his hair was simply tied in a low ponytail, like on days where he was either lazy to do anything or ready to punch a person for insulting his short stature. Usually both.