Chapter 35

Isabella's POV:

I covered my ears with my pillow and laid face down on my bed.

"Get up! Get up!" The bed shook and soon I was being jumped on. Not by Hunter though... By Xenia.

"I'm up. Jeez." I pushed her off of me and sat up in bed.

"Holy crap." Xenia looked me up and down before she burst out laughing. I quickly got up and ran over to my mirror. My hair was all tangled, some strands in random places too.

"I should get an award for scariest human being alive" I muttered to myself as I grabbed the pair of clothes I had chosen the night before. Xenia left the room and I ran to the bathroom. I turned on the hot water and stripped out my pyjamas. I stepped into the steaming water and let it run down my back. I washed my hair, body and quickly shaved my legs before turning the water off and getting out. I dried myself off and wrapped my hair in the towel. I put on the jeans and tank top, then grabbed the hair dryer and started drying my hair. Once I was done I put my hair up in a ponytail and walked out of the bathroom. My room was now clean and my suitcase must've been moved downstairs. I ran my hand along my wall and sighed. "I'm going to miss this room."

"You ready to come down yet?" Dad leant against the doorframe, eating a piece of bacon. I nodded and walked over to the door. He draped his arm around my shoulders as we walked down the stairs.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled in unison. And there sat everyone. I didn't bother to count, or even acknowledge the others because I immediately ran to Joshua.

"Hey." He mumbled into my shoulder as we hugged.

"Hi." I replied, pulling away and looking at everybody. I saw Autumn stood behind Joshua, smiling foolishly. "Hey stranger." I laughed and pulled her into a hug.

"I'd say the same to you! It won't be the same when you leave." Autumn pulled away from the hug and passed me a bag. I took the bag and looked inside. I laughed when I realized what it was... A picture of me and the girls on the cover of Seventeen magazine.

"Awe! I remember this! Thank you Autie!" I hugged Autumn once more before turning around. I put the magazine down on the couch and looked at the person before me, in disbelief. "Ruby?"

"Hey." She replied, still keeping her grip on mum's arm.

"But how?" I walked forward and hugged Ruby carefully.

"I got a day pass, thanks to mum harassing the doctors. Now here I am. I couldn't let you leave without saying a proper goodbye." Ruby tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. "I'm going to miss you so much."

"How are you smiling? I promised you I would never leave you." I asked confusedly.

"Trying to make the best of a bad situation. That's all." Ruby replied while sitting down in the armchair. I nodded before being pushed onto the couch and presents piled in front of me.

"Guys, it's not my birthday." I said, rolling my eyes at them all.

"Just open them!" Allana smiled cheekily. I put my hands up in surrender and picked up the first gift bag. Once I opened it, I realized it was from dad because he had doodled all over some white toms with Sharpie markers. On one shoe was my name in pink cursive and the other shoe had rainbow coloured music notes.

"Awe thank you dad!" I immediately slipped on the new shoes and continued with the other gifts. The next one was a bigger bag and inside was a teddy bear and an envelope.

"Don't open it until your on the plane." Joshua whispered into my ear and I nodded. I placed them aside and kissed Joshua's cheek.

"Thank you."