23.

Dave-

"You plan on getting back to work?" Artist asked me as we passed the blunt back and forth.

I shrugged my shoulders not even knowing the answer.

He looked at me strangely because normally I couldn't wait to get back to the streets but I been in a whole different space lately.

"Man I know you been going through some shit but we need you back as soon as possible. This money can't stop." He said.

"Heard you." I told him nodding.

"This shit really been fucking with you huh?" He asked.

"It dont even matter she moved on and that's the end of it." I told him.

"Man you think her and Rock got something going on?" Artist said no believing it.

"Why you think they came in the house that day together at family dinner when we was fighting? That wasn't coincidental. Then Ella and Ashley was on FaceTime with her the other day and didn't fail to tell me how happy she looks in Virginia with him. I don't have nothing left to fight for. I lost her and that's on me." I said to him.

This shit been killing me little do everybody know. I been acting calm. Like I'm fine with the outcome but I'm hurting. Wouldn't nobody but her and my momma understand me during this time and clearly I have neither of them anymore so I'm stuck to deal with it on my own.

"I don't believe that. She sat here and told me how much she loved you. She wasn't even really like that with Cam and you know it. Clearly y'all bond is a crazy one we can all see that shit." He said.

"I already tried talking to her bro. It's over and ain't shot else I can do about it. She told me to my face that she don't want to love me anymore. I gotta let that go." I told him.

"Never did I imagine some shit like this would be going on but as always you and Bianca gotta me the motherfuckas that surprise us." He said shaking his head.

I shrugged.

"I can just tell this shit getting to you. You ain't been same old goofy ass Dave in a while. We care about y'all and just want y'all to be good." He told me. "Maybe you should try to talk to her again I know she ain't want to end it at that last conversation and you know that too."

"I don't want to talk about it with her. I don't want to have another conversation about it with her cause it's the same outcome every time. We should've left each other alone and this all could've been avoided now I'm stuck here in love with a girl that couldn't give a fuck about any apologies I have for her and I gotta live with the fact that I lost a girl that completed every insufficient part of me and my son. My first child yo with the girl I love with every part of me. All of that is gone and it ain't coming back so it is what it is and fuck what it ain't." I told him getting a little bit off my chest.

"We just trying to help you out D." He responded.

"I don't need no help." I said getting up and walking out the house to my car.

Im over talking about it. I'm over everybody asking if a nigga is okay because no I'm fucking not. I need my girl back and until then I don't think I will be again.

Rock-

"Yo stop you fucking cheater." I said as Bianca and I played connect 4 in iMessage games.

She laughed. "Nigga you just mad cause you keep losing its impossible to cheat in this game." She said laying her feet on my lap as we continued playing like we weren't right next to each other.

"Ain't no way you beat me this many times without cheating I'm not hearing it." I told her.

"Well sorry to break it to you I did you clearly just suck at this game." She said as the sound went off saying she beat me again on her phone.

"Man watch out I'm not playing with you no more this shit rigged." I said pushing her feet off me and standing up.

She laughed pulling me back down on the couch.

"Stop being such a baby you kept beating me at pool and I ain't complain." She said putting her feet right back on my lap as if I was her foot rest.

I pulled her by her legs into my lap and hugged her waist. "Then we agree we not playing those two games no more." I told her.

"That's fine with me." She said occupied by her phone and at this point I wanted her full attention and to stop beating around the bush with her.

I took her phone putting it on the table.

"Why you do that?" She asked looking at me.

"I want to talk to you." I told her.

"Ew I fucking hate talking." She said seriously. I knew she did but this wasn't about nothing bad.

"I know but listen." I said and she nodded laying her body against my body.

"So we both know we feelin each other and I don't know about you but the more time we spend together the stronger them feelings get. I'm not saying we gotta rush anything but I want you to be mine forreal." I told her.

I caught her blushing which led to her smiling but she covered her face.

"Stop that and look at me." I said pulling her hands away from her face making her look at me.

I noticed her eyes were teary so I asked "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just didn't think I'd find happiness like this again any time soon after so much has happened but here with you I'm content but also scared." She told me.

"Scared of what?" I asked her.

"Disappointment I guess." She hunched her shoulders. "I don't think you have bad intentions or anything like that but a lot of people don't intend on doing something and still do I don't want to let you in and turn around and regret it." She told me.

I knew where she was coming from and she was right but I wanted to prove to her that I wasn't the same as those other people.

"I understand what you saying and I'm not going to sit here and give you a long speech about how imma treat you how you should be treated and all that I want to show you B." I said grabbing her face. "You understand me?" I asked looking her in the eyes.

She thought for a moment and nodded.

"So will you be mine Bianca and let me show you where my head is at?" I asked her.

She smiled at me nodding "Yes Rakim I'll be yours." She said making a smile spread across my face.

"But we gotta take it slow." She added.

"You can take it as slow or as fast as you want." I said to her smirking.

"Stop Rock im serious." She laughed.

"I know baby I got you."