Chapter 4 - You Owe Me

“Lord Sesshomaruuu! Don’t leave me behind!!” yelled Jaken, Sesshomaru’s faithful servant. The little toad demon tried his hardest to catch up to his lord while still holding on to Ah-Un’s reigns.  Sesshomaru was completely silent as he neared his destination – Lady Kaede’s village. In his hand he held tightly the usual – a gift for Rin. This time, it was another kimono – she seemed to have taken a great liking to them. The unusual thing, though, was that the demon held not only one, but two kimonos in his hand. Jaken had noticed this, but didn’t bother questioning Sesshomaru’s actions – he never really did, for he knew what that would bring him, either a hit to the head or simply no answer at all.

Sesshomaru looked across to the end of the meadow they were walking through, and his keen eye could easily see the approaching village. But he could also see something else. It was Rin – running towards him.

“Lord Sesshomaru!” He heard her distant cry. He ran towards her, and in a flash he was standing in front of her. Rin stopped running and paused to catch her breath, then looked up at Sesshomaru.

“They took her – the demon that you brought here. Some other wolf demons took her and said something about a princess of the southern wolf tribe.” She said in between breaths.  Sesshomaru paused, thinking, and then, without another word he was off, one of the kimonos falling into Rin’s hands. She looked up at the sky and gave a small smile.

Maybe Lord Sesshomaru was becoming a kinder person.

 In a few moments Jaken and Ah-Un had reached where Rin stood, and knowing what to do, she took them both back to the village with her new kimono in her hand – after Jaken’s complaining that Lord Sesshomaru had left him, of course.

Sesshomaru knew where he was going and in no time, he was there – in front of the gates of the southern wolf tribe. He’d heard of them numerous times – of how ‘noble’ and ‘strong’ their tribesmen were. He chuckled a bit to himself.

Obviously, they have never fought anyone as powerful as this Sesshomaru.

He could easily catch the scent of the wolf princess whom he’d brought back to life amidst in the air. (He’d easily figured out she was royalty from the embellished black and purple choker she wore around her neck.) At the moment she smelt of cherry blossoms…and fear.

Afraid of her own kind……hn…

Feeling no need to waste his time with the guards at the gates, Sesshomaru disappeared into a ball of bright white light, later reappearing in the princess’ bedroom. Though his face was composed and unreadable, Sesshomaru couldn’t help but feel a bit astonished at what he saw. The girl with the long white hair lay flat on her bed with her dress torn and bunched up at her midsection, tears streaming down her pale face. Straddling her was another wolf demon – a male – that had both his hands clenched into fists as he growled down at her.

“Hana, I am sorry, but we must mate now or both I and your father fear that you will try to run away again.” He said through gritted teeth.

Sesshomaru drew his sword – Bakusaiga – disgusted at what he was seeing.

“You there,” he said with his voice as calm as ever, “move away from the girl, or perish.”

The wolf demon looked up and turned his head towards Sesshomaru, glaring at him angrily. Surprise was evident in both his and the girl’s eyes.

“Who the hell are you?” he growled, now even angrier than before.

The wolf demon was just about ready to attack Sesshomaru. Without another word and with a swift swipe of Bakusaiga, he lay on the floor - not dead, but badly incapacitated. He let out a loud cry of pain as Sesshomaru put the sword back in its sheath and then walked over to the wolf princess who now sat up, looking up at the stranger who had saved her. It was obvious how hard she was trying to mask her fear, for at the moment she hadn’t realized who the peculiar demon was.  He swiftly picked her up, throwing her over his shoulder and ignoring her brief shriek.

Before once more disappearing into a ball of bright white light, Sesshomaru said to the injured wolf demon sitting on the floor:

“If you live long enough to see him, tell your leader that he need not worry about his daughter.”

Being the cold and not to mention proud demon that he was, Sesshomaru would never usually save someone unless they would be of use to him. And although in the beginning he had no clue as to why he had resurrected this girl in the first place, he now knew how he would make use of her.

“A-are you the one they call Sesshomaru?” asked the girl hesitantly after he’d thrown her off his shoulder and onto the grass. Sesshomaru landed gracefully on his feet, not bothering to turn around to look at her.

He didn’t answer her. Instead, he pulled the other kimono that he’d been carrying out of his haori and threw it at the half naked girl who was still on the ground. The kimono was colored a dark purple with light pink flowers embroidered on the sleeves and the bottom half, almost matching her royal collar.

That was when she’d realized that her torn dress had only been covering her lower half. Embarrassed, she blushed, covering her chest and then quickly took the kimono and pulled it on, tossing the torn one aside.

“Thank you.” She whispered as she got to her feet. “You didn’t answer my question, but from the description that the pretty little human girl from that village gave me, I suppose you are indeed… Sesshomaru.”

He began to walk away, and she immediately followed after him.

“I am truly grateful for everything that you have done for me…….Lord Sesshomaru.” She blurted out as she caught up to him. “I owe you greatly, and I will repay you someday…somehow - even if it is with my life.”

This seemed to have pleased Sesshomaru greatly as he stopped briefly. For a moment he said nothing, and the wolf princess paused, looking at him as they neared a familiar village. He then glanced back at her before proceeding to walk away once more.

“You may follow me, if you wish,”

Seeing as he did not tell her to leave him alone, she smiled and continued following Sesshomaru to the village.