Mini Jim Bob's?

Jim

I’ve been watching Beth sleep in my arms for a half hour now, watched the sun light slowly creep up our bare skin. I’m still in shock, I really thought that I had lost her. Even in the beginning when she ran from me because she was afraid of being a mate to somebody I always had faith and I never lost it, I always believed that we’d make it, but the night Rick shoved his foot into the metaphorical ass crack of my life I was scared.

Yet here she is, my mate, in my arms after another night of trying to satiate our hunger for each other. She’s here and not even against her will! She looks so peaceful when she sleeps, like an Angel. Just staring at her now had me wanting to wake her and pick up where we left off early this morning, but she needs her rest.

After everything that she’s been through it’s a miracle that she’s still standing; there’s one thing I just can’t get over though. I know that Rick hates me and frankly I don’t give a damn, but how could he do what he did to Beth? By the look of shock on his face he didn’t know that Beth’s shift would happen, he just didn’t want me to contradict him with the truth, but still. He hurt her so badly, telling her that her feelings for me were nothing when she’d tried so hard already to convince herself of the opposite.

She’d finally allowed herself to be happy with me and he had to ruin it. What really sticks the knife in is how much she visibly cares for him, she was going to stay with him the whole time even though she’d told me herself that she didn’t want to leave, she was going to stay with him instead of me just so he didn’t feel lonely, and he went and pulled that shit on her.

I know it’s wrong to think this way but at least one good thing came out of all of this, Beth is going to stay with me now, in our home so I can take care of her and monopolise her attention as much as I want. I love Beth so damn much, I need her it’s as simple as that.

I looked down at her when I felt her body stirring in my arms, watching her eyelids flutter on the clasp of opening until they finally did, I realised then that I’d been holding my breath the whole time, waiting for her to come back to me from whatever dream she was in.

She smiled at me and my arms tightened automatically around her, bringing our bodies impossibly closer to one and other. Gently Beth reached up a small hand and cupped it around my cheek, tugging me down for a morning kiss, well make out.

I pulled away after a little while and gave her my own smile, bending down to kiss her shoulder, I just can’t help myself when it comes to her, I’m greedy and I don’t think there will be a time when I ever won’t be, I just can’t get enough of my baby.

When she called to me with her sleepy voice I had to try my hardest not to coo at her. “Jim”?

“Mm”?

“I need to go into the city” Beth mumbled, eyes half closed. She surprised me though, what would she want to go into the city for?

“Why? What do you need”?

“Clothes, I know it’s stupid but I really don’t want to run into my Dad – not after everything and I’m scared that he’ll make me stay with an Alpha order, I’d rather go get some new ones. It’s a good thing I made Fletcher stash a pair of my clothes and my purse, if you hadn’t brought them in that backpack I’d have had to of gone back”.

I frowned. “No you wouldn’t”.

“Yeah I need my money, and when I get back from getting clothes I’m going to head into town and try to get a job – do you know if anyone’s hiring”? Beth yawned big and blinked her eyes up at me, twisting the sheets around us as she moved to get comfy beside me again but I was too busy shaking my head to take much notice.