Chapter Three [EDITED]

*this chapter has some uh...well...er...explicit content so...yeah lol can't say i didn't warn you* 

Adam looked down at her writhing form. His mere presence had dulled it. He had seen it in her eyes, in the relief that had shone there. This just went along to prove furthermore that it wasn't a mistake, she was truly his mate. Even after all this time the fact astounded him.

He picked up her delicate form. Though she was unconscious she was still restless, showing that though asleep she still felt some remnants of the pain.

He had to take her away, she was nearing the transformation. He stared down at her beautiful face, momentarily transfixed. And with a thought he left the human realm.

She was on a battle field. Bodies were strewn carelessly about. Some looked like some strange eerily beautiful bread of wolf, others human; some were even in various stages of in between. The battle raged on. Beasts and men all fighting, and not necessarily on the same side.

No one noticed her; she'd made sure of that. She knew she wasn't supposed to be here, but she was looking for someone. She couldn't quite remember who or why though. Then she saw him, he moved with otherworldly speed as he fought against no less than twenty at the same time.

She couldn't see him clearly though; he was just a blur of blonde hair, as if she was looking at him through fogy glass. He was important, a part of her told her, not just to her but she had a sense that everything depended on his life, on this battle. She was compelled to go to him, to fight alongside him, and just when she was about to do just that she felt someone grab her and put a knife to her throat as she became tangible once again.

Reality slipped back into place as the man she had sought looked up and then a long silence fell on her ears. The battle was still raging but she was unable to hear anything clearly. Her captor and the man exchanged some vague, angry words. The blur stepped forward and fell to his knees in submission and she realized he was ready to exchange his life for hers. Almost ...eager to.

No, she thought, no, no, no, no, NO!

She didn't have time to think of another solution, she looked up at the blur of a man, tears streaking down her face. She was awash in blood-chilling dread, such bone deep anguish that she could barely breath, her panting making the blade cut painfully into her skin. Then a moment later she pushed herself forward and turned her head, slitting her own throat and taking the decision from anyone's hands.

Eve awoke with a whimper, glad to be out of the nightmare, but soon realized she was entering another.

She squeezed her eyes shut once more. She felt her veins burning, her blood acid as it flowed through her, burning her from the inside. She screamed in pain and felt someone grab her hand, it was warm and soothing and distracted her from the suffering for one blissful moment...and then she was back to screaming her fucking head off.

She squeezed the hand with a strength she didn't know she possessed and was surprised that she didn't crush it. She was writhing and kicking unaware of where she was, but at that point she didn't care.

"Shhh, it's alright Eve, it'll all pass."

When she heard that strong male voice she opened her eyes, and looked up into the bluest eyes she'd ever seen, beautiful, she thought, they were the lightest shade. Lovely.

And then she had no time to think as the torture crescendoed, growing infinitely stronger.

She hadn't thought it was possible. She endured it though, trusting the man without question, having to believe there was an end to this anguish.