33

DAISY

When we arrived to Derek's father house, the guards let us in and opened the door for us.

We entered through the front door, and walk in seeing our baby slide down the rail of the stairs.

"Baby!" I freaked, running up to him getting him off of the bottom of the stairs.

"Honey, you can hurt yourself. Don't ever do that again." I said dusting off his clothes.

"Sorry, mommy. I just had so much fun today with pa'. We ate ice cream for breakfast, then we went to the pool and then he bought me the new Xbox One." He yelled happily jumping up and down.

I smiled, as I patted his head and ran to Derek jumping on top of him.

"Well hello there!" We heard a voice yell.

We turned around, and see Mr. Luh at the top of the stairs.

"Hi, Mr. Luh." I greeted.

"What did I say about you calling me Derek?" He questioned coming down to us.

"Sorry sir, it's just that I'm a well educated and respectful woman who should treat others with respect." I said as he landed in front of me.

Gosh, he's so tall. Just like Derek.

"Nah, that's fine. That's in the oldies. Focus on the present." He waved his hand.

I nodded, as I picked up Caleb. "Well, Derek the third I appreciate you taking care of my son. And I'm sorry about last night. It wasn't our intention to make a scene. So sorry, but we'll make it up to you." I spoke.

He waved his hand over again, and didn't accept it.

After he left, we went back to our house as Caleb went up to his room and prepared himself for bath time.

Meanwhile, I was at the kitchen cutting carrots and squash for dinner.

I felt strong arms around me, and stopped by turning around to face Derek.

"I love your smell. You smell wonderful." I placed my head close to his chest and inhaled his minty and fresh brand new clothes smell.

He rubbed my back, and placed his chin on my head.

"I love you. I just want you to be happy and forget everything that happened in the past. If you know what I'm talking about. And I want you to stop stressing alot when you're not suppose to." He lifted my chin up, and pecked my lips.

"That's why, I planned a special trip to Cancun and already booked our tickets for tomorrow morning."

I pulled away until my back touched the counter. "What? Derek, how are we gonna tell Caleb about this?" I questioned with wide eyes.

"Honey, it'll be alright. He's gonna take it easy and will accept and understand that we need some time together. I talked to Dad and he's fine by him being at his house for a few weeks." He placed his hands on my shoulders as I could feel the weight sink in.

I sighed, and pushed my hair back biting my lip. I don't think Caleb will want this. I know he's a little boy who doesn't understand the real world, but he's gonna want someone by his side. And when we're gone, he's not going to be the same. Caleb is not gonna like this bad news.

"Okay, we'll tell him over dinner later." I looked down knowing that I will miss him and it'll be our last day with him before we're gone.

He softly touched my lips before bringing it in to mine connecting.

+

Derek decided that we should talk to him at a Latin restaurant and I don't know why when I was just about to make dinner. But, he insisted on taking us out and enjoy our last night with our son.

Caleb looked so happy and excited since he always likes going out with us and experimenting new food.

We were waiting for our food to arrive, and Derek and I looked at each other deciding whether it's time.

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly signaling me to start off the conversation.

I took a deep breath, "uh, baby?" I started off.

He looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes, sparkling in the light.

"Um, we need to tell you something." I said.

I gulped down a big lump in my throat ready to talk to him calmly. "Your father and I decided that we should take a break, and go to Cancun enjoy only ourselves."

He gasped from surprised, and jumped from his seat. "Really?! That's awesome! I can't believe we're going to Cancun. I'll be able to swim all day and night and swim all day and night and swim all day -"

"Caleb." Derek spoke interrupting his wishes. "There's one thing we need to tell you."

I wanted to cry, because I felt that he's not going to take this well and probably get mad. I have a bad feeling about this.

Caleb stopped jumping, and sat back down on his seat. "We're going to Cancun, but with out you."

"Oh God..." I mumbled putting my hand in my face as soon as Derek said that.

His expression faded, and turned serious.

"What? What do you mean?" His sweet voice asked as his shoulders were now down.

"You're not going with us. You're going to stay with grandpa Derek until we come back." He explained more clearly holding his hand with his other free hand.

Caleb stared with his sad eyes then looked down. "NO!" he screamed making everyone look at where we were seated at.

"Sweetie, please calm down. Let's just talk about this." I tried to reach for his hand but he yanked it away.

"NO! WHY ARE YOU GUYS LEAVING ME?! YOU GUYS DON'T LOVE ME, RIGHT?! RIGHT!" My heart felt broken at the moment he screamed at us. He never said any of those words ever in his life.

"Caleb, don't you dare yell at us like that, understood?!" Derek harshly yelled at him.

"Baby, please..." I spoke quietly so I won't make any more attention than we already have.

"No! I can't believe you'll leave me alone. Abandon me. So I will leave now!" Off guard, he ran out before both of us catching up to him out of the place.

But it was too late now, we didn't came on time. We lost him. We looked both to the sides and he was no where in sight.

I was now crying, knowing well that he's afraid of the dark and I don't think he would run that far.

"Derek! What are we gonna do?! He left! He left!" I yelled.

Derek pushed his hair back in frustration, and ran his hands over his face.

"And this is all your fault! You're the one who decided to have our time alone when we could've took him with us. You're an idiot! I never wanna see you again!" I shouted, as I went up to him punching his chest.

"Baby, please don't say that. You don't mean it." He spoke to me grabbing both of my wrists from stopping me to hit him.

I felt weak, so I gave up and let him bring me into his arms.

"We'll find him soon, Daisy. I promise you. I promise you we'll find him."

I hope so.

-
O

kay I did not expected to be like this but my mind was a little distracted.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE