1

"Well, I'm officially bored." Normani yawns as she lays across the couch. Her legs are draped over Dinah's lap and her arm dangles over the couch.

"I was bored like a half hour ago." Dinah adds in agreement, scrolling through her phone for something to do.

Lauren rolls her eyes at her best friends, the movie they had been watching just ended five minutes ago and up until then, everyone had been thoroughly entertained. "We could watch another movie?" She suggests.

"You know I'm always down for movies, but we've been watching all day and I'm starting to get restless." Ally mumbles from where she sits on the floor, her back leaning against the couch.

"I second that." Normani yawns again, rolling over lazily and kicking Dinah in the process.

Dinah sends her a glare, pushing the girl's feet off of her body before smirking. "I have an idea!"

"I already told you that we didn't have any alcohol. My parents had their friends over last weekend and my dad hasn't been to the liquor store since." Lauren interrupts the girl, getting an idea of where it was headed.

Dinah frowns but shakes her head. "As much as I would love a glass of red wine right now, that's not what I was gonna say. I was gonna say we should prank call someone.... Or should I say prank text?"

Normani smiles, crawling towards Dinah and nodding her head. "It's been forever since we've done that!"

"That's because the only people who do it are like the middle school kids." Lauren snorts, moving towards Dinah anyways.

"Well do you have a better idea?" Dinah raises a brow in Lauren's direction. When Lauren doesn't say anything, Dinah murmurs. "That's what I thought."

"I don't know...." Ally mutters, looking up at the three girls on the couch.

"Come on, it's gotta be more fun than what we're doing now." Normani encourages.

"Plus prank calling or texting is funny. Haven't you seen all those posts about it? And remember the last time we did it? That guy totally thought we were from mars or something!" Dinah adds, laughing a bit at the mention.

Ally shrugs. "Alright, I don't see the harm in it."

All three girls then turn to Lauren. "Laur?" Normani asks.

Lauren rolls her eyes again, but relents. "Alright, whatever."

Dinah smiles widely. "Great, because I was thinking that we could use your phone."

Lauren snorts, handing her phone to the girl and unlocking it as she goes. Dinah smiles widely, opening the messaging app. "Let's do a Miami area code." Normani suggests, leaning over Dinah's shoulder.

Dinah nods, typing in the Miami area code and then following it with seven random numbers. "Alright, what's the prank?"

"We could tell them their house is on fire." Ally chuckles softly.

Normani shakes her head. "That's dumb, plus what if they're in their house right now? Plus if they aren't that's mean. We don't want to scare them to death."

"Okay then." Ally huffs.

"I have an idea!" Dinah yells loudly.

"What?" Lauren asks, knowing that often Dinah's ideas could be harmful.

"We text them pretending like we slept with them the night before or something. It will be funny!" Dinah shares excitedly, already starting on the text.

"I don't know, isn't it kinda obvious that we're faking?" Ally voices.

"Well duh, it's a prank text." Dinah rolls her eyes.

"At worst they think we got the wrong number and it's all laughs and giggles, right?" Normani adds.

Lauren sighs. "Why not?"

-
-

A/N: So I've never written a texting fic before so it might be absolutely terrible, especially because my writing style really doesn't fit with it. I love details and commas and stuff so, I'm pretty sure that this is gonna clash.

That said, I want to try as many different writing styles as I can on this app to really explore my writing and try as many new things as possible. So, here I am!

So, if it's terrible and my writing just doesn't work out in this context, I apologize but at least I can say that I tried it :)

-Brook