Ch.18

I woke up, my head was pounding and my vision was blurry. I was about to take out my ponytail, until I felt carl's hat.

I remembered what happened before I fell back asleep. I was shot in the thigh by the stupid governor. I tried getting up, but pain shot through my leg.

I needed to get to Hershel. "ow!" I screamed as I fell. "carter?!? are you ok?" Rick asked as he helped me up.

"I'm fine." I said. "be a little more careful. I think you should be in bed resting..." he said.

"But I need to talk to hershel." I said. "I'll go get hershel, you go back to bed. ok?" he said.

"Ok..." I responded. I dragged myself back to bed, and struggled getting up. "you need help?" Carl said while smirking.

"No.... I can do it." I said. I made ugly grunting noises as I tried getting up. I felt Carl's hand at my waist and back. he helped me up and then smiled.

Hershel and Rick stood at the cell entrance. "I got a message that you needed to talk to me." Hershel said.

"I was wondering if I needed crutches, and when I'll be able to walk." I said while looking at the bandage.

"If it heals properly, you'll be running around in no time. if it doesnt, you'll be stuck in bed longer." he told me.

I simply said, "ok" And then laid back down. hershel and Rick walked away, and Carl laid down beside me.

"I hate the governor." Carl muttered. "I'm positive that everyone hates him." I said giggling.

"When was the last time you ate?" he asked. "I can't even remember..." I whispered.

"Why?" I asked. "why what..." He said confused. "why did you ask my when the last time I ate was?" I said in a 'duh' tone.

"Your as bony as a stick. well actually.... a twig." he said. "yeah." was all I said.

He got up, and a few minutes later, he came back with some food. "this was all we had." he said disappointed.

"It's ok." I reassuringly told him. I ate some of the food, and then drifted off to sleep.

*Carl's P.O.V.*

Carter looked extremely unhealthy, so I have her some food. she ate some of it, and then fell asleep.

I stroked her hair with my fingers. she took off the hat and ponytail, so I was able to see her long hair.

I wish she was feeling better... I hope her leg will heal up fast, and the governor won't do anything to hurt Carter, or anyone else in our group.