Chapter 3 - Strange meetings.

Start from the beginning

"You can talk to Waliyha, But not to me." I mumble.

"It's complicated." She shrugs numbly and I take a deep breath as Eve places my plate of scrambled eggs and white toast on the counter top.

"Well, I'll be in my office." I announce before taking my plate and coffee upstairs.

Again that feeling of letting something go that hasn't been laid to rest, pulls at my patience.

Maybe work will take my mind off things. It usually does.

I haven't checked my emails and usually I do almost every hour.

Before I even get to my office, I hear the phone ringing and I quickly place my plate and coffee down on the desk to answer it.

"Malik!"

"Good morning Mr Malik, How are you?" Leigh questions and I roll my eyes.

"Get straight to it Leigh." I take a sip from my coffee before demolishing back the scrambled eggs

"You have a meeting with Mr Straford at 9:45. A student from Bradford University is coming to interview you for their student paper at 10:15. And from 12 till 2, we have Mr Allan Pipe, Mr Andy Murray, Miss Jane and Mr Kart are all coming in for the design exterior for the building in Ireland."

Same old shit. "Any messages from Mr Diamond." I question.

"Uh- yes. He faxed in this morning. He'd like to arrange another meeting possibly today or tomorrow?"

Like I didn't see this coming. I knew he'd come back.

"I have a meeting at 11 with Detective Dwayne. I want them on floor 9. And as for Mr Diamond, have him call me."

"Yes sir."

"I won't be in till 9:30."

Because of Waliyha.

"Yes, sir. Enjoy your morning."

I hang up the phone and take a last bite from my now hard toast.

"All you do is work."

I roll my eyes. "Go away Waliyha I'm busy."

She plots herself down on the seat in front of my desk and I drop my pen.

"What?" I scold.

"You need to be careful with her." She says in a concerned tone and I frown. "With Victoria. She's in a fragile state." Waliyah points out.

"I know." I scowl

"Then why did you push her to the limit?!" Waliyah argues.

I hesitate, but I recover just as fast. "We're not talking about this! You're my sister. Not my fucking sex therapi-"

"Ew." Waliyha screws her face.

"We need to talk about last night."

She rolls her eyes and slowly relaxes her stiff, defensive posture. "I'm sorry. I should have called."

"Yes. You should have called. Or at least told Mum where you were heading too."

"I just wanted to see you and Re again."

I pinch the bridge of my nose and let out a throaty sigh. "Call me to arrange these things Wal, you know I don't like surprises. I had to make up a lie for you."

"It's not like you haven't lied to her before." She bites back, head still hanging low.

"That was when I was young and stupid. Respect her. She gives you what you could ask for and more."