Happiness is Key (A Zayn Malik Love Story) Part 15

Part 15

Kelsey's POV

I'm going crazy! If I thought I was working hard before, I was utterly dumb! I'm overloading with work now! I just can't find any moments to capture in my camera lens or paintings or anything! If I don't I'm not going to sell anything and I'm not going to get any money and I can't keep the house! I take a deep shaky breathe to calm myself down from all the crying and hyperventilating. Tears run down my face: it's only been a day, I have time. I sniffled rubbing my eyes and whipping my face, but nothing stops the tears. I slid down the wall, who am I kidding! There's no way in hell that I can make all the money needed in such a short amount of time even from prostitution! I stood up walking to the attic in search of empty boxes. I might as well start packing now, it's no use. I'd need a miracle at this point! I pulled the attic door down and walked up the attached stairs. Dusty and old like any other attic: boxes scattered about. I walk right up to a box and rummage through it, Christmas lights and ornaments. I go to a different one and find baby clothes and so on. By this point I've emptied all the boxes and the only thing left in the room that I haven't gone through is an old dresser. I cough from all the dust and walk up to it opening the first drawer and seeing nothing and then the second, nothing again, but the third I try to open and it gets jammed. I yank on it but something's wedged in the back. I slide my hand in and grab hold of what feels like a book. I pull it down and the drawer opens having nothing in it but this old, dusty thing. I open it and see that it's not a book, but a journal. November 13, 1992 The heavy pain that lies in my head and heart are no match for the sharp blade that resides against my cool skin. My Mother is gone, dead: lying with my Father in the grave. So much pain has been felt in such a short life. Too many tears have been shed; I just want the pain to go away. I want to be with my baby boy in heaven. The deeper the blade gets the lighter I feel. I just want it to be all over. Evan if you're reading this I love you so much but I can't go through another death, losing another person. I don't want to feel this pain anymore... May 27, 1993 It seems like I haven't written in forever...Evan my loving husband has helped me through my losses and pain and I feel so much better about life now! Especially because we're expecting. I am about 2 ½ months pregnant, I can't wait to find out what our beautiful baby is going to look like and his or her gender... August 8, 1993 It's a girl! Evan says she's going to be a heartbreaker and is going to have my looks! But I doubt it; she is bound to get his cute button nose! I'm thinking Sylvia, Clarissa, Kelsey, or maybe even Hope. This little girl is going to have the best life and no pain. I'm going to protect her and love her to my heart's content. I won't lose another baby, I refuse to... Tears were dripping down my face onto the journal. This was my Mother's. I had no idea some of the things she went through. Mostly losing what would've been an older brother to me. But she overcame them, just like I can now! I'm going to make you proud Mom! I'm going to find a way to save our home, no matter the cost, all for you. I close up the attic, carrying the journal back to my room with me. I walk into my art studio filled with new ideas. I can do this; I'm going to save my house.