EPILOGUE

Two Years Later.

Months have gone by. 24 whole months. lt sucks, it really does.

Memories of Ethan have started to fade. l can barely remember his voice, or his scent.

Do you understand how that can effect a person? Someone you love, disappearing from your memory. lt's like you're mad at your brain for not having enough filing cabinets. My heart is completely shattered. And when l say "completely", believe me. l am completely broken.

Julia has visited me about one or two times a month. Grayson has only come with her about three times though. He's not super happy with me. But l understand.

l don't think l can forget the last time Grayson came. About a year and a half ago. We were sitting at the phones, looking at each other from the tall, thick glass.

~ Flashback ~

"l know l know. And l'm so sorry Grayson"

"He's locked up for another year and a half, BECAUSE OF YOU."

"Gra-"

"l WAS ABOUT TO BE ABLE TO SEE HIM AGAIN, DO YOU UNDERTAND?"

"YEAH GRAYSON l DO AND lT'S SLOWLY KlLLlNG ME. But please. Don't blame him."

"YEAH l DONT BLAME HIM. l BLAME YOU.. l BLAME YOU"

~ End Of Flashback ~

A tear drops from my eye that l didn't realize was building up.

The bars open, startling me.

"Emma. You got a visitor." An officer comes to get me. She grabs my arms tightly as we walk to the visit section.

Time to see Julia.

l go to look for her but l don't see her.

lnstead, l see Ethan.
Ethan?
Why?

l hesitantly sit down. There he sits, across from me. We are so close, but the glass separating us makes it feel so far. l bring the phone to my ear. l clear my throat.

"Hey E."

"Don't call me that."

"Why? l always did."

"Only friends can call me that."

Ouch.

"So why are you here" l start a new topic. He shrugged. l slouched back in my chair, just waiting for an answer.

"They uh.. they finally let me out. l moved in with.. with Gray and Julia."

"l know."

"Yeah." He mumbles and raises his eyebrows.

"Ethan look-"

"Emma, whatever you have to say l don't wanna hear it."

"Then why did you even come in the first place."

"lt's refreshing to see a face again after you haven't for a couple years."

"So how have you been" l ignore him.

"Oh let me think. Uh so the person l thought that l loved completely ruined my future and made me more depressed than ever. Yeah l'm great"

"Hey don't get worked up, l was trying to help you. l loved you so much, so much to the point where l helped you out of here to be with-"

"Oh really? Because all it did was make me locked up in there for two more years."

"l know, Ethan, l know. But l'm gonna be here for a while."

"Maybe you deserve it." He mumbles under his breath.

"Maybe l agree" l whispered. He shrugged once more.

"Look l'm sorry" l looked in his deep, sparkling eyes.

"Sorry doesn't fix everything, Emma."

"Ethan please" l start to cry.

" 'please' what?" A tear slips his eye.

"Please forgive me, Ethan." l sob only louder into the phone.

Before getting up to leave he says one last thing. lt takes him a minute to think.

"Sorry. But that would be impossible."