『Chapter Thirteen』

[Your POV]

It's true what they say in stories that time slows down when you are in danger. It was as though the razor-sharp glass shards flying towards everyone were falling in slow motion. Sebastian had moved instantly to protect Ciel. Mey-Rin's glasses had been pushed on top of her hair, (her eyes were really pretty) and she had a pistol in each hand. Baldroy was carrying a rifle and was hurrying to the broken window to take a position. And Finny...well Finny had picked up a statue with ease and held it high above his head...I don't know how he did that. I knew I had to do something I saw a group of five children around Lizzy they all had tears in their eye's but Lizzy was trying to protect them, I knew what I had to do.

I thought really hard about changing. My arms sprouted feathers and grew into a massive pair of black wings. I silently thanked Sebastian for showing me how to do that, as I ran to the children. I wrapped them in my new wings. Then time sped up again. The glass sent deep cuts up the back of my legs and made holes in my dress. There were more explosions from outside. The guests were screaming, and the children in my wings were shaking. "Are you okay?" I asked them. "W-we're fine." Lizzy said in a scared voice. "Thank you (Y/N)." I nodded and released them but still covered them with my wings to make sure they wouldn't get hit by any more debris.

I looked to everyone Mey-Rin had jumped out of the broken windows and was shooting unknown figures in the night. Baldroy was shooting at black figures in the distance. Finny had thrown some heavy statues at some men just outside the mansion. Sebastian had picked up Ciel and was suddenly beside me. His swallowtail coat was in tatters but it was otherwise okay...uhm...he was sewing it back together. "Sebastian!" I said harshly. "Focus, everyone looks quite used to occurrences like this, why do they all know how to fight?" "As Mey-Rin said to you before my kitten, everyone has their secrets." He had set Ciel down behind my wings and then placed his hand on my stomach, checking to see if our child was okay. Slowly he smiled, and let out a breath of relief. "We need to get everyone to safety." I shouted over more explosions and the girlish screams of the Viscount.

I glanced around the room quickly to check on everyone. Agni was in front of Prince Soma and was swatting debris away with his bare hand. The Undertaker was just laughing and dodging and glass that flew towards him. "The basement, it was reinforced a while ago to deal with assassination attempts on me." Said Ciel in a matter-of-fact tone, dusting himself down he looked more like he had fallen over rather than survived an assassination attempt. As usual, I had so many questions but they could wait, I knew where the basement was. First of all, I needed to get everyone's attention, I had wings and a cattail, attention wasn't exactly something I was lacking in. I flew up to the ceiling of the ballroom and addressed everyone there. "Everyone stay calm." They seemed even more scared after seeing me fly. "Yes I have wings, can we please focus! Now the manor is under attack, and the only safe place is the basement." There was another explosion. "We are dealing with the attack but for now you are all going to have to stay calm and follow me...can you do that?" There were nods and general hums of an agreement. "Okay." I landed on the ground gracefully and opened the ballroom door quickly. "Everybody out." I said as I flew as fast as I could down the corridor backward, keeping an eye on the guests and checking to see if everywhere was clear.

It was as though I had just one thought planted in my mind...protect Ciel and his name. It seemed as though the others were doing their jobs and keeping the intruders at bay. Everyone came running towards me as I rounded corner after corner leading everyone to safety as quickly as possible. When we reached the door to the basement I opened it and herded everyone in. I couldn't see Ciel but I knew Sebastian would keep him safe. I lit the lamps lining the basement to brighten the place up. Everyone was shivering and scared. I did a few headcounts to check everyone was there. There were two missings. One of the children I helped earlier came up to me in tears. "L-Lizzy isn't here." I looked around for the chirpy blonde but the boy was right...she wasn't there. Then Prince Soma spoke up. "Paula is missing too." He looked scared and angry, clearly, he was over me already. I looked around but the girl and her maid weren't there. I didn't know what to do I couldn't leave them alone with anyone to protect them. "I can stay." Agni tapped me on my shoulder.