Chapter 7: Dinner with the Champion

[Red's POV]

"Okay....." Skylar said. "But I have to drop off Anino at Driftveil, first."

"Eh, just get your Charizard to take me there." Anino said. "Don't want to ruin your date."

"It's j-just d-dinner, don't g-get any i-ideas!" Skylar stuttered, cheeks flushing into a deep shade of scarlet.

"Oh! A dinner date okay!" Anino teased.

Skylar was blushing and stuttering. Man, now this something priceless. "Shut u-up! I'm only m-making up f-for the t-trouble Zinc a-and Selenium c-caused!

"Look who's stuttering~" Anino sang as he got on the Charizard's back.

"Have fun!" Gen. Char said.

"But not too much fun." Anino said. "Oh, who am I kidding, have as much a fun as you want!"

"S-Shut up! Just g-go already!"

"Alright, alright, alright we're going!" Gen. Char and Anino laughed before flying away.

"They're well-trained, so I have no worries." Skylar said.

I nodded, sending Aero out. "You first."

"Umm... Okay..." Skylar said and reluctantly got on. I followed her and placed my hands on her shoulders, rather on her waist.

Technically it wasn't an actual date. But it could be, right?

The sky was in a shade of bright orange, and entirely cloudless.

"Look out there," I told her. "It's nice, isn't it?"

"S-sure..."

"Still can't handle heights, can you?" I chuckled. The uncertainly in her voice proved that she didn't look at the view.

"Right..." she said, grabbing my left hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Skylar, look below. You're not gonna fall off or anything."

~~

[Skylar's POV]

I clutched on his hand tightly, trying not to remember the time Gold had forced me to go on a rollercoaster ride.

I let my gaze slowly look at the view. Holy Arceus. Red's right. It's more than nice. It's so beautiful, magical, enchanting- and all of that other crap you use to describe a sunset.

"Amazing......." I say.

"Told you." Red chuckles.

Even so, I held on his hand tightly like a child. I've slipped off a dragon once, and trust me, you wouldn't want to know how it feels.

"So..... Why Café Sonata?" I asked. I didn't think that Selenium and Zinc would have killed him if they had the chance. I guess I was wrong.

"............ It's a nice place?"

"Okay..........?"

It's just dinner anyway. Not a date. Just dinner. Wait, I shouldn't be thinking about that! I have to prepare for tomorrow! I can't get distracted and come up defenseless tomorrow....

"We're here!" Aero said and the sparkling skyscrapers came to view. The tall buildings reflected the rays of the sun, so they were kind of sparkling, and a bit blinding.

We landed, then Red handed him an Apricorn before returning him to his Poké ball.

Red smiled at me, and took my hand as we began walking to the café.