I chewed my lip and bounced my leg up and down to help stave the nerves budding within me. It seemed like every mile we get closer to the airport, the more uneasy I felt.

Twenty minutes passed before we caught sight of the airport. The driver pulled over to let us out at the entrance.

I cast my gaze to the glass doors as I watched people enter and exit. There standing with a cell phone pressed against his ear was my boyfriend.

Felix had sandy blonde hair, combed away from his face, a pair of black shades covering his eyes. His black suit jacket was slung over an arm as he grasped the handle to his rolling suitcase. The sleeves of his crisp white button up were rolled up, exposing his lean muscular arm. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked to be talking harshly into the phone. I sat stock still when the cab pulled to a complete stop. Kera was the first to unbuckle and get out, jogging over to unload the trunk. I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder and Maya's soothing voice floated from behind me.

“You okay?”

I didn't realize I was holding my breath, so I let it out in a huff.

“Yeah. I think I'm just nervous getting on a plane for the first time.” I said, chuckling. Maya withdrew her hand and unbuckled.

“It will be all good. Just chew some gum when the plane takes off so your ears adjust. And hold Felix’s hand!”

Maya climbed out of the backseat and went to help Kera. I reached for my buckle so I could do the same, but a wave of mixed emotions washed through me, causing my fingers to stop just shy of the handle. My gut said to stay, yet my heart and mind screamed for me to go. Yet which do I listen to? Should I stay and risk my relationship with Felix, or should I embrace a beginning to something I cannot fathom to comprehend?

Kera calling out to my boyfriend sent me stiffening in my seat. My eyes flickered toward Felix who spoke into his phone one last time and ended the call. Pocketing it as he jogged over to our taxi. I don't know if Felix hadn't heard Kera’s hello, but he opened my door and I had no time to react as his lips captured mine in a kiss.

I hesitated before slowly relaxing into it. Closing my eyes, I reached up to tug on the locks at the back of his neck, pressing my lips more firmly against his, hoping to prolong the kiss in hopes of it helping me calm down. Yes. All I needed was him. I know it. Felix’s lips quirked up and broke our kiss. I couldn't help but notice the tangle of nerves still lodged in me as my hands fell to my lap, my bottom lip jutted outward in a pout. Felix took my hand. He flashed me a dazzling smile and poked a finger at my lip.

“Don't pout babe. They'll be plenty of time for kissing in France.” He said in a joking tone. His voice was airy. “We have to hurry. I'll get your things for you.”

I opened my mouth and promptly shut it. I didn't have the heart to tell him he wasn't the reason, so I stammered out an okay before climbing out of the passenger seat. Felix grabbed his luggage and made his way over to Kera and Maya. I trailed after him. They both managed to get every ounce of luggage from the trunk and placed it in lines on the sidewalk. Felix grabbed my pink suitcase and nodded to Kera and Maya in greeting

“Ready?” He asked them.

Maya glanced to Kera who nodded at Felix

“Yes. We're all ready.”

“Umm…”

Felix turned to look at me with a frown. “What?”

I looked up and stared at my reflection in his sunglasses, fighting the urge to remove and chuck them at a random passerbyer. Who wears glasses at night? Nobody.