He looked breathtaking in a tux, his muscles filling it out perfectly. His eyes didn't leave me and for a second, it looked like we were the only people at the party. I couldn't look away. I decided to snap out of it and walk over to him. His eyes roamed over my whole body as I got closer too him.

"Dylan."

"Michaela." He nodded.

I smiled. He barely ever used my full name, always going by Kay.

" You look stunning," He says. " I'm out of words."

"You don't look too bad yourself."

"I know. I own a mirror."

I smack his arm. "Shut up."

People were coupling up as a new song started around us.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asked hesitantly, like he thought I'd say no.

"I would love to."

He opened his arm for me to slip my hand in and took me to the dance floor, slowly snaking his hand around my waist. I slipped my hand around his neck and put my other hand in his.

I Know You by Skylar Grey started playing and soon we were swaying around the room, our eyes locked on each other. I didn't know what was happening but all I knew was that something was shifting between us. It was overpowering, and it felt like my soul was leaving my body. I suddenly couldn't breathe and I didn't want to. I wanted to stop breathing and for the world to stop, trapped in that exact moment.

I couldn't read his eyes, but they were burning through me and it felt like my body was on fire. I tightened my hold around his neck grazing my fingers through his skin and his eyes snapped shut and opened back up with such intensity. He pushed me closer to him and dipped me all the way down before pulling me back up as the song ended.

"Kayla! There you are. Sis, I've been looking for you." I hear Gloria's voice say behind me all of a sudden. She takes my arm and drags me away, as Dylan's friends come in and do the same, unaware of the moment that just passed. Our eyes reluctantly leave each other as we each go out separate ways and follow our friends.

She takes me to a table with Sofia and Lainey already seated.

"Okay I'm stressing out. The lady that's been watching our games is here already, when is she announcing the winner?" Lainey says, anxiously tapping her fingers on the table.

"You mean Miriam Lackey?" Gloria says.

"Yeah, yeah, her." Lainey replies dismissively.

"Geez, calm down. I just wanna enjoy the party for now." Sofia says taking a sip of her drink.

"Me too," I say. "I'm still nervous though."

"I can distract you all." Gloria says. "Bradley and I are officially dating!"

"Oh my God. So happy for you."

"Congrats."

Then Lainey. "Who cares about that stuff? Why isn't that lady saying anything about the award ?!"

"Okay, Laine sweetie. Calm down. You're gonna get high blood pressure." Sofia says. "It's just an award."

"It's just an award? It's just an award??? How can you say that? It's everything!"

Sofia sighs hopelessly .

Gloria just shrugs. " I'm gonna go find Bradley and dance some more. You guys deal with.... that." She says pointing towards Lainey.

"Hey! No fair." I say pouting as she leaves.

"Yes, you guys are stuck with me." Lainey says smirking.