diary of a teen- part 7

Thursday 9/03/09

Dear Diary,

It's weird how fast some people get over death. No one even talks about Rebecca anymore except for me. I have never lost anyone close to me before, and I never want to again.

I am kind of wishing I chose to stay with my mom. When I was at her house she cried with me, talked to me about it, brought me food, all that. My dad hasn't said anything. I don't even know if he knows Rebecca died.

John wrote me a note saying he was sorry and he didn't mean anything he said. He said it wasn't my fault and if anything I was the reason that she lived for as long as she did. I can't get the words he said at the funeral out of my mind. I know that I was part of the reason she killed herself, I know that I was a crappy friend, I know that if I was there then this probably never would have happened.

The ONLY reason I am not going into a depression or something is because of Dillon. Every time I am thinking about how I could have stopped it, he is there telling me I couldn't have done anything. Every time I am about to cry, he is there handing me a tissue and giving me a hug. He is being such a good friend through all of this. He is the kind of friend Rebecca needed.

-Ally