Grawp

Harry's POV

After another insufferbale lesson of "defence agaisnt the dark arts" with the pink toad know to all as "umbrige" Ron,  Hermione,  Nico and I,  made our way to the great hall for dinner with Reyna and Will.

As we left,  I saw Reyna and Wil charging towards us down the stone corridor. Retains dark plait flowing behind her gracefully,  the complete opposite of Will who was clumsily dropping his books all over the floor.

Nico quickly went to help him.
"Heya sunshine!"
Nico said taking the pile of books from Wills hand and gently pecking him on the cheek.
I made a little awww mentality, before telling myself I am not a teenage fangirl and should stop.

"Hey guys!"
Reyna said beaming at us.
Then she said something in Greek to which Nico and Will nodded and turned to us expectantly.

"Well?  You coming?"
Reyna asked impatiently.

Hermione coughed trying not to laugh.
"Uhh Reyna, English please."

Run a blinked then buried her face in her hands. I couldn't tell wether she was laughing or crying.

"Oh God's,  I'm so,  so sorry guys. Ever since you guys found out our thing,  we have been so much more comfortable speaking in Latin and Greek!  Sometimes I forget..."

I laughed a little as Hermione and Ron guggled as well.

"Well we're did you say we are going?"
Ron asked,  interested now.

"She said Hagrid has invited us over for after we have dinner, so we had better get your invisibility cloak!"
Will replied cheerfully wrapping his arm around Nicos shoulder.

Ever since the three took a chance to acatully get to know Hagrid,  they were amazed by how nice he was. They seem to have completely forgotten their fear of him,  and actaully enjoy going to his hut every now and then.

"Like Bob the titan!"

Nico would say,  comparing him to whoever Bob is.
Hagrid had taken a liking to the three,  and treats them just like he did with me,  Ron and Hermione back in our first year.
He always enjoys it when we come round and we visit him quite frequently these days.
I'm so glad Dumbledore managed to keep him instead of replacing him with that Grubbyplank lady.

"Well?  Let's go have dinner so we can get there sooner!"

Will said eager to go. I have him a smile as we went down to the dinning hall.

All six of us scoffed down our food as quick as we could as we noticed it getting darker outside.

"Nearly Christmas... "

I Said to myslef as I watched the frosty patterns formed on the glassy Windows of Hogwarts castle.

After we were done with our food,  we snuck up stairs and waited till every one was in bed. Then we snuck out to meet on the stairs. Then I realised we had a problem.

"Uhh guys?"

I aksed once we were all huddled in the st try of the shadows in the stairs.

"I don't think this thing can cover us all. It can do fine with three,  may be four,  but six?  We will definitely be caught!"

Reyna giggled and pulled out a slightly Dusty cap. Nico and Will looked at it amazed. Hermione was the first to speak.

"Is that - but how?  Did..  did Annabeth give it to you?"

Sometimes I forget Hermione read their myths,  and seems to know every reference they make. Ron looked for an explanation on things. Reyna explained quickly.

"This cap used to be Annabeths, it has the power to turn the person wearing it invisible,  I'm not sure if she would have waited me to have it,  but it found its way to me anyway. I knew it woukd come in handy on this trip though."

I nodded then turned to Will and Nico.
"What about you guys? You got any invisible caps?"

Will shook his head.
"Nah. But you forget how we used to sneak out to the forbidden forest at night to train. Nico would shadow travel us there,  buy but uses up his energy quicker the more people he takes,  son if there's any room I'll go with you."

Ron nodded impressed by the idea of shadow traveling.
"Alright I guess!" Hermione said throwing the cloak over the four of us. Reyna popped on the cap and vanished from sight. Nico smirked annoyingly.

"Race you!"

He called out then faded into the shadows a cast by the dim torches and stairs of Hogwarts.

"Unfair! He will totally get there before us!"
Will and Ron both whined as we made our way through the castle.
"Oh shut up you two!"
Hermione and Reyna both said at the same time,  then got all embarrassed about speaking in sync.

When we finally got to Hargrids hut I knocked on the door three times to let him know it was us.
Hagrid appeared at the door,  with and lantern and his big brown coat on.

"Ah good yer all here!"

"Are we going somehwere Hagrid?"
Hermione asked puzzeled.
Hagrid nodded and large oked aorund as if afraid someone woukd Cath him here.

"Uh yeah... we are going to see my brother Grawp."

This all seemed fine until realisation sank in.

"Wait. Hagrid,  human brother or gaint brother?"

Hagrid look down at his feet and mumbled something.
"Pardon?"
Hermione asked anxious for an answer.

"Gaint."

I could practically feel the waved of fear radiating from the exchange students. I must admit,  even I was scared. Giants are know to be ruthless,  Hagrid is different,  but still... I couldn't help but worry as we followed Hagrid through the bitterly cold and dark woods.

"He is okay!  Really,  I jus don't know what ter do wiv him!  He is tame I can promise yer that. He wuld  never hurt a sniffler or nuffin!"

I watched as wills hand found Nicos for reasuraance. It was getting darker and colder the more we walked.

Thud

I stopped walking. Did...  did I hear something?

"Keep walking Harry!  It's bloody cold out here!"

Ron mumbled pushing me on.

THUD

This time everyone heard it. I was neverous to go on my knees were shaking with fear. I could feel my gut sinking.

"Come on 'array!"

Hagrid said beckoning us further. I looked up shaking,  right into the massive eyes of a gaint.

A huge humanoid half naked gaint was sitting by the tree tapping his foot making a thumping noise on the forest grounds. He had what I hoped was a sturdy enough chain round his ankle keeping him close to the tree. I gulped again. Hagrid beamed at me.

"Guys,  this is Grawp,  my half brother!"