jaeden pt 2

i bit my lip. "you promise you won't judge me?" i asked. he nodded exasperatedly, "y/n, this is the fourth time you've made me promise." i apologized and started my story.

"my mom left me and my dad when i was about two. she was about twenty years younger than him, and she was always looking for fun, and she didn't want to settle down. so she ran away with this millionaire fucktard, and left me with my dad. he got very angry after that. even as a little girl, he would always yell at me for things that i had no control over, things i didn't even cause," i took a deep breath and continued.

"you see, when i was about eight or nine, that's when things got bad. really bad." my eyes welled up with tears, and i started to violently shake. "one night, he j-just came into my room with a bottle of alcohol. the smell was really overpowering, i remember. he just t-t-told me to take off my clothes, and it just escalated from there."

i started sobbing. i'd never opened up to anybody about this before, and it was fucking hard. i felt jae's hand on my back, and it just kept spilling out. "ever since that night, it hasn't stopped. he consistently beats me if i do the slightest thing wrong, and uses me as his fucking sex toy."

i laid my head in jaeden's lap and just cried, cigarette forgotten. he silently stroked my hair with one hand and rubbed my back with the other. he began to quietly sing sadderdaze by the neighbourhood. my eyelids became droopy and i soon fell asleep.

-

i blinked my eyes open a while later. jaeden was laying on the hay flat on his back, and my head was resting on his chest. i had wrapped my arms around his waist, and his rested on my lower back. his quiet snores showed that he was fast asleep.

without moving, i glanced around. it was very dark in the barn, so i assumed it was around one in the morning. shit. now i was gonna be in even more trouble.

i suddenly realized i wasn't wearing my denim jacket, but jaeden's sweatshirt. he must've slid it onto me before he fell asleep, so i didn't freeze. my heart skipped a beat.

"hey, jae, i know you're asleep, but i just wanted to say thank you for listening to me. you're the only person that has actually accepted me. and i just wanted you to know how grateful i am. to be totally honest, i think i'm falling for you, goody two-shoes," i whispered, moving up closer to his face.

i kissed his neck multiple times before burying my face in it. i felt him shift onto his side so he was facing me, and whisper in my ear, "i love you, y/n."

"don't forget that."