02

Rico's pov

--flashback--

"You sound dumb" I laughed. Angela sat up quickly, giving me a perplexed look.

"Okay. Just because you're older than me doesn't mean that you're automatically smarter than me" she laughed slapping my chest,

"I'm kidding come here" I smiled grabbing her arm gently. She laid her head on my chest, "I'm sorry. You're not dumb" I played with her hair.

We laid in bed talking for a good ten minutes about anything and everything. She laughed about something, then from under my door, I saw the hallway light turn on.

"Angela" I whispered, sitting up. I looked at the light through the door, "shhh" I said softly.

I stood up and peeked my head out the door. To my surprise it was only my sister, Maria. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

She was on the floor in the hallway, drunk as ever. "I have to pee" she slurred. "Shh. If mom and dad see you like this they're gonna flip" I said softly.

I went back into my room and closed the door. All I had on was boxers.

I went to Angela who was standing on the bed. I stayed on the floor and motioned for her to come. She stayed on the bed and walked to me, "can you help Maria. She said she has to pee. I can't help her with that" I whispered.

She nodded and I picked her up off the bed. She stopped at the door, "I can't leave from here. She's gonna see me leaving out in nothing but a long T-shirt and socks" she said worriedly.

She began panicking, "I knew we should have ended this. I'm gonna be homeless and get kicked out of the best foster home I've been in and I'm never gonna-"

"shhh" I said, wrapping my arm around her waist. I leaned down to her ear as her arm wrapped around me.

"You can go. She won't remember a thing. I promise" I reassured her. "Okay" she gave a sigh of relief.

I pecked her lips repeatedly and she walked out the room slowly. Luckily, Maria's eyes were closed.

"Hey. You need help?" Angela asked, kneeling down towards her.

I watched Angela and admired every inch of her. Her bony little toes. The gold chipped nailpolish on her nails and toes.

Her long brown legs that I absolutely adored. Her naturally wavy, slightly curly hair that fell across her face.

I will never listen to older people again when they tell me young people don't know what true love is.

--Flashback over--

"Mr. Sanchez" the teacher called. I looked up quickly, brought back to reality. "I wish you could focus on trigonometry work the way you were just focusing on whatever you're thinking about" he said.

"Sorry sir." I said. I looked over at Angela who was talking to Destiny and she looked at me.

I smiled slightly and she smiled back, then started doing her work. Her coming back has changed everything. We can finally be together without sneaking around, afraid of getting caught.
———————