chapter xviii ━ we need to talk

╔═══════。☆✼★═══════╗

ocean eyes . . . chapter eighteen !
we need to talk !

╚═══════。☆✼★═══════╝

messages
jae 💕 - dj 💘

jae 💕
morning dee

dee 💘
morning jae

jae 💕
i was wondering if
you were free today
i kinda wanted to
hang out

dee 💘
seeing as i have
no life for the next three
weeks yeah i'm free !

jae 💕
cool, does the park
sound good ?

dee 💘
sounds perfect !
pick me up in 10

jae 💕
got it stranger

real life

as dj put her phone on her counter, she felt the same stranger flutter in her chest she for some reason always felt when she texted or talked to jaeden. and for probably the same unknown reason the brunette could not stop smiling while she rushed around getting ready.

her mind seemed to be going a thousand miles an hour as she looked through her closet. dj's usual confidence seemed to disappear as she questioned everything she put together.

" this is stupid, you're being stupid. " dj mumbled to herself as she grabbed a pair of jeans. " it's just jaeden. " finally she settled on the jeans and a black top.

by the time dj had finished changing and in her opinion looked presentable jaeden had arrived at her apartment. " hey jae," dj greeted grabbing her keys as she stepped out of the apartment.

it took a moment before jaeden replied to her, he instead just stood there admiring her. " hello, earth to jaeden. " dj sang lightly, waving her hand in front of the boy's face.

" huh? o-oh, yeah. hey, dee. "

dj laughed lightly, shaking her head as she pulled the door closed behind her. " so ready for the park? " the blue eyed girl asked with a sweet smile.

" yeah, yeah let's go. " jaeden agreed, holding his hand out for dj and began walking. "i planned a sort of picnic. . . i hope you don't mind. "

dj slipped her hand into jaeden's as they began to walk. " no, not at all. that's perfect, actually. " jaeden turned his head towards her, smiling softly. " great. "