CHAPTER VIII (snippet)

There was a pause before it was broken by, "so what do you think?" Fefe asked her friends.

"It's good..." Caramine tentatively answered.

"But?"

"Well it's not finish is it?" Doll questioned.

"Well no but you guys asked for it, I never said it was finished!" Fefe scoffed

"We asked to see one of your old stories, I just assumed it would be completed!" Caramine retorted sharply, though there was no true malice behind it.

"Aren't werewolves a little overrated now? I mean they are everywhere," Doll cocked her to the side.

"You guys are tougher than starngers who read this when I first published it, I tried to fit in, thought it would get me noticed," Fefe pouted, thoroughly unsurprised by her friends' reactions. This story was a couple years old, though Fefe published it online a year ago she wasn't about to them her friends that.

And this is where the we find ourselves, attending a sleepover with old friends. Gone were the werewolves and vampires, in were the tired university students trying to stay to survive. Fefe, youngest--at 20--and most naive of the trio, the amateur journalist, who hasn't actually ever journaled anything. Caramine, the oldest--at 26--and least experienced, the barista-by-day-entrepeneur-by-night, who can't talk to another human being if her career depended on it. Then there was Doll, loud and mysterious Doll. No one knows who she is or what she does, but she's family.