Chapter Three: We Need To Talk

Bonus Thanksgiving chapter!

The next week went by in a blur. Six weeks wasn't much to prepare something new so Hiro opted to go with a project he'd been working on reproducing, his microbots. Only he'd made some improvements to make them less easy to steal and use for bad purposes. He'd also managed to shave down the size of the neurotransmitter a bit, though he hoped to get it down even more. It might prove useful in their super hero stuff later on.

Honey decided her best application would be to show some of the cool chemical reactions she'd managed to create, including Chemical Metal Embrittlement. When she was told to narrow it down, she decided to go with just the one experiment, making sure to have plenty of metal samples to use for demonstration purposes. She chose to go with tungsten carbide.

Wasabi decided to go with his signature creation. He knew it would be impossible to bring his entire laser induced plasma project so he worked on reducing it to a smaller, more manageable size, like what they'd used when creating their super hero gear. Not only would it be easier to transport, but there was less of a chance someone would get hurt. All the same, he made sure to include lots of caution tape and a protective sheet of plasti-glass to keep curious fingers out of harm's way.

As for GoGo, she decided it would be best to showcase her specialty, electro-mag suspension. She chose to use the same bike frame she'd used two years ago to cut down on time fabricating a new one. It was impressive on its own right. That and she'd made some serious improvements on it over the years.

It also helped that they'd opted to go ahead and drive out a few days early so they didn't have to mess with airport security. That and it allowed them to use the storage spaces under the seats of Wasabi's van to stow their superhero gear. It was Fred's idea, really, though none of them anticipated having to use it. It was still nice to know it was there. And thanks to Hiro's latest design, Baymax's armor folded up into a much more compact bundle.

Those six weeks raced by in a blur of activity as they each tried to get their projects ready. Not only did they have to make sure everything would work for the size of the venue, but they had to prepare the necessary papers to prove their projects worked. That and they needed the posters necessary to help outline what they were doing. Fred was a great help with that, since he knew someone who printed banners and poster board.

Hiro couldn't help but wonder who all would be there. Still not one for the lime light, he hoped no one would comment on his obviously younger than typical college age. He toyed with the idea of trying to hack into the guest list but decided against it. He would find out soon enough. At the very least, the idea of not only meeting but rubbing shoulders with Stony Stark was more than enough to keep him jittery from one moment to the next. Part of him felt it was a very good thing he'd built his microbots so many times over the course of several timelines. He could practically do it in his sleep.

But finally, the day set for them to head out arrived. It would technically take about 45 hours to drive straight through without a break. They all knew that wasn't going to happen. Not only were potty breaks a necessity, but so were stops for gas and snacks. Baymax, along with Aunt Cass, insisted they stop off at a hotel every night so no one person was behind the wheel too long, risking someone falling asleep while driving. She even hinted that if something like that were to happen, and they all died in such a crash, she'd bring them back to life just to scold them all soundly.

Wasabi was more than up for that and carefully plotted out their course, complete with scheduled stops for gas and bathroom breaks. If they timed things right, they could arrive at their destination in about four days, mostly rested and ready to go. So, being economical, he added in an extra day as buffer, just to be safe. Things did tend to happen, even though he made sure to have his car in pristine condition before he allowed even one bag to be placed inside. He also made sure to remind them to keep snacking down to items that wouldn't crumble or create crumbs he'd have to later vacuum up.