dix-sept

-          after yerin made her way through most of the other rooms, jimin finally caught up to her.

"it's almost time to go," he said to the back of her head. she was so deep in thought, it was like he hadn't said anything.

"rin?" she turned finally, and shook her head as if to clear her mind.

"yeah, okay."

they walked together to the front of the museum. it was dark out now, and the lamps outside threw a dusty glow to the pavement. the bus was there waiting, and a teacher with a furrowed brow was at the door, checking off students as they filed on.

yerin and jimin made sure they were checked off, and boarded the dark bus.

the students were much quieter now; many kids dozed off against the window or onto their friends' shoulders.

"there's something about museums that makes everyone kind of sleepy," jimin noted from behind her as they made their way to the back of the bus.

jeongguk was sitting one of the furthest seats, pulling his bulky headphones to his chin with a beckoning wave.

"we could probably both fit next to him, if we squeezed," jimin thought aloud.

"min, i dunno if that's a good idea..." but yerin had wasted her breath. jimin pushed her gently beside jeongguk, and sat down on the end of the seat.

"is it okay if we both sit here?" jimin asked cheekily. "it seems like we can all fit pretty comfortably."

"speak for yourself," yerin muttered. she was dangerously close to getting a mouthful of jeongguk's shoulder.

"of course," jeongguk told him with a laugh, and she could feel his chest move as he did.

the bus set off with a groan. its gentle rocking, layered over whispered conversations, meant that before long yerin was fast asleep.